Royal chickens?

Quote:
Since you asked, YES.

I know what you mean, but I am hatching a plan so to speak! If the price is that good then I can breed mine, enjoy all those little fuzzybutts then sell them on for lots of money! I am not seeing a downside here... lots of babies... lots of money... sounds like a good idea to me
smile.png

(ok, so I just want lots of chicks, but no one in my family will complain if we are getting good money for them... my chick obsession gets elevated from Mum's crazy hobby to potential extra income)

Quote:
Since you asked, YES.

I know what you mean, but I am hatching a plan so to speak! If the price is that good then I can breed mine, enjoy all those little fuzzybutts then sell them on for lots of money! I am not seeing a downside here... lots of babies... lots of money... sounds like a good idea to me
smile.png

(ok, so I just want lots of chicks, but no one in my family will complain if we are getting good money for them... my chick obsession gets elevated from Mum's crazy hobby to potential extra income)

You're absolutely right! Never sell your money-making capital. May I buy $1,000 worth of shares in your venture.

Quote:
smile.png

You're absolutely right! Never sell your money-making capital. May I buy $1,000 worth of shares in your venture.

May I be the first to welcome you to the Royal Orpington Breeding society. I enclose a picture of the genuine Royal Orpingtons you have invested in and expect your cheque shortly
bun.gif

royalchickens.jpg

* Me, I'm reading this and thinking, "Wonder whose chickens are actually kept more royally?? Her Majesty, the Queen's chickens or Martha Stewart's chickens??"
tongue.png
(Ed: corrected capitalization-- Sorry, U.K. , muffed it the first time!)

Last edited:
I didn't know Martha kept chickens, thought she just cooked them! am I missing something?

Yep, you are quite right, its only the pullets (I think that's how you spell it) that are going for big money, the chicks are about £6 ($12), but I like having them about so I don't mind. I just think it would be awesome to actually get a financial return on doing something you absolutely love... but I know there are a ton of pitfalls, otherwise we would all be rich chicken farmers instead of poor crazy people!

Back
Top Bottom