Royal Palm turkeys!!!! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by TGreenhut, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TGreenhut

TGreenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern, CA
    I'm super excited so I decided to share with you guys that I'm getting 2 royal palm turkey poults tonight!!! I have a standard bronze but I'm excited to bring in a new breed. (My turkeys are for pets not eating haha)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:congratulations [​IMG]

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] You will love them! I have 5 right now that are 8-10 weeks old. Just be careful-as Steve says "turkeys look for any excuse to die!" ESPECIALLY poults! [​IMG]

4. TGreenhut

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern, CA
    Quote:Thanks! But yes, one of the reasons I'm getting more turkeys is because one of my bronze turkey poults is being put down soon due to leg and infection problems [​IMG]

5. TGreenhut

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern, CA
    I GOT THEM AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL <3
    Here they are: (males? females? any guesses to which)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  6. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Gorgeous...I have no idea on gender...have a post asking about my own [​IMG]

7. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    They are beautiful, cant wait to see adult pics

8. R.M. Hens

R.M. Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Pearl River, LA
    Quote:Very pretty!!!
    What age are they? I am just curious because I have 5 RP that are suppose to be 2 months. I think they are kinda small but thats the age I was told.
    If I had to guess (again this is just a guess) I would say the bigger of the 2 is a tom and the smaller a hen. One of my five is much larger than the other and seems to be the "protector" of the flock. I am hoping he is my tom. We will see. here are a few pics of mine.
    Enjoy your turkeys!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. TGreenhut

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern, CA
    R.M. Hens :

What age are they? I am just curious because I have 5 RP that are suppose to be 2 months. I think they are kinda small but thats the age I was told.
    If I had to guess (again this is just a guess) I would say the bigger of the 2 is a tom and the smaller a hen. One of my five is much larger than the other and seems to be the "protector" of the flock. I am hoping he is my tom. We will see. here are a few pics of mine.
    Enjoy your turkeys!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89022_dsc_0018.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89022_dsc_0015.jpg

I forget what age the seller said but I think mine are 6-7 weeks old. I think your poults look about the same age as mine....they are very cute by the way [​IMG]

10. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    R.M. Hens :

Enjoy your turkeys!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89022_dsc_0018.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89022_dsc_0015.jpg

Ithink they look more like 5 weeks​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by