Royal Palm Turkeys

bayvistafarm

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Just wondering if anyone can help me here. I answered an ad on Kijiji for a trio of palms. A tom and 2 hens. 5 months old. Free ranged (I assume that means not in a 'cage', but in a pen). He wants $100 for them all. He also has 3 Narragansett turkeys too. 2 toms and one hen. He wants $105 for that trio. Is this too expensive for turkeys? I am just interested in the palms right now. I can only house the 3 with my layers (same barn, but sectioned separate), and I think 3 toms together would be not a good idea. I have raised broad breasted turkeys, and just love the sociable hens. I am thinking that these palms would make good pets, and hopefully I can incubate some eggs at some point (if they don't). Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Thank you! I thought it wasn't too bad.. seeing as how hatching eggs of that breed are an arm and a leg.. with no guarantees, and day olds are almost $10 each from some hatcheries, and they seem so fragile to me.

Here they are... just got them today.. AND I believe there are 2 toms in this bunch.. NOT two hens and a tom like he said. Oh well, I will have one for sale, if he doens't get along with everyone else, lol.

i looks to me like 1 male and 2 hens...u will make your money back i on season if u sell the babies...i also have 4 royal palm turkeys and mine are laying for the season :)...i sell them on craigslist for 10.00 each every year...good luck with yours very nice palms u have

I hope they are two hens and a tom. He told me they were.. and then when I went to pick them up, he changed his mind. 2 of them look similar, with the snood thingy perked up, and the chin thing happening. I can for sure tell at least one hen. I sure hope you guys are right, and hes wrong!!!!!!!! I am so hoping to hatch some in the incubator (when I ever get one), and maybe the 'hens' will hatch some?

i looks to me like 1 male and 2 hens...u will make your money back i on season if u sell the babies...i also have 4 royal palm turkeys and mine are laying for the season :)...i sell them on craigslist for 10.00 each every year...good luck with yours very nice palms u have

How old are your poults when you sell them for that?? Curious.

Back
Top Bottom