Rude Behavior, I'm Perplexed

Quote:
I have a Miata and we do this too!
big_smile.png

They actually did a report on the demise of manners on Good Morning America this past week.
So this thread has put this little scenario in my head: I'd like to have a t'shirt made with big block letters that says, "Manner Police". I'd have a police light and siren strapped to my head and a ticket book. Walking through Walmart, I'd "pull over" any offenders that I'd witnessed and write them a ticket for rudeness, thereby publically embarrassing the crap out of them.
big_smile.png
You think that'd hit the news? Then we can put them all in manner rehab.

I was pretty traumatized one day when I was in Walmart with my two children, in the camping section. The store wasn't crowded, and I wasn't thinking.

I unthinkingly parked my cart on one side of the isle and reached for a rain poncho on a hook up high on the other side of the isle. I was then blocking the whole aisle.

Then I saw another brand of rain poncho, and paused.

I about jumped out of my skin when a woman with her husband YELLED at me (bellowed would be another word to describe it), "You're blocking the whole aisle!"

I about cried. When I turned to look at her, she had such an expression of hatred and meanness toward me, that I couldn't understand.

I'm afraid that's when I'd have blocked it for about the next ten minutes...

If it had been a reasonable "Excuse us, please", or even just an "Excuse us, could we pass through?" or some such, then I'd have moved aside and even maybe given a brief apology. Yell at me? That's another story.

Of course, you should have seen the dagger looks I gave at a woman who made it a point to RAM my shopping cart three times at a store recently. It was a second hand store with crowded aisles. There simply is no place to pull carts aside while looking at merchandise. In most aisles, there is not room to pass. Somehow I ended up in the same section of the store as this (bleep). The first time her cart bumped mine I was facing the other way and didn't think much of it -- again, it's crowded. Even though the cart hit me in the process, I didn't say anything other than "excuse me " and pulled my cart as far out of the way as possible, given the area of the store. The second time, on the other hand, I happened to glance her direction just as she rammed my cart - clearly intentional. The third time? Well, I wasn't so nice...

YOu know what. My husband gets upset over stuff like this too. I often find myself telling him to let it be. Maybe the person had an argument, or was fired or just having a bad day and that's why they pushed past you in the doorway. That we are lucky we are hainvg a good day and that our parents loved us enough to be polite. NOW dropping the door on a child, I'll fight you on that one. I would have stopped the teenager and told him he was rude and should look behind him.
somad.gif

I had a thing happen that I posted on Facebook the other day. Sunday I went to watch the Pats game at a local pub (by local I mean two towns away, ha ha). There was a guy there who's just a local, and was gabbing my head off. He was nice, but also a little annoying, because I was trying to watch the game. But the Pats were doing lousy anyway, and so I chatted with him nicely. I was nothing but nice the entire time. A couple people even gave me the "poor you, he's gabbing your head off" look, but I figured he was lonely and didn't mind chatting.

He finally got up to leave, and as he walked away, I said "Hey, see ya later" and he yelled "BLEEP YOU" and walked out. I was stunned. The bartender said, "Did he just say what I thought he said!?!" And I said "Yup, he said BLEEP YOU". As the other locals chatted about how shocking that was and he's usually a nice guy, blah blah, I just sat there, all the blood had drained from my face. The bartender came over and said "Are you okay honey? Don't let that bother you..." and I tried to say that I was nothing but nice and suddenly tears started rolling down my face. I wiped them away real quick, and I KNEW it was stupid to let it bother me, but I just couldn't understand it. So many people there blew him off when he tried to talk to them, and I was the only one who sat patiently chatting with the lonely guy, and that's what I get in return?? Everyone there really likes me, and I know they'll all give him crap when they see him next, but I was just really hurt by it.

Back
Top Bottom