Rude Behavior, I'm Perplexed

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
Now I have held doors open for people before, male and female.
Had doors held opened for myself. I have always said Thank You no matter who did it and looked them in the face while doing it.

Yesterday while heading home I stopped at my favorite place to grab some lunch.
As I was walking in just as I opened the first door this woman pushed herself passed me leaving.
How rude.
Got to the second door just started to open it and another woman pushed me aside so she could leave too!
Missed dropping the door on her.

It is not the only door in the place, there were some other doors right next to it.

Is this becoming an acceptable behavior?

omg i hate this
he.gif

i really hope it's not becoming acceptable behavior!
another thing i hate is when you hold the door an extra second so the person behind you can catch it but they just walk past you and then the people behind do the same.... i want to scream "i'm not a f@#%ing doorman!!!". like really? that's what happens when i try to be a little nice in this city?? they could at least leave a tip
hmm.png
jeez.

No, of course, it's not acceptable, but it sure seems to be common these days.

Just the other day, I was walking into a place, my son was a bit ahead of me and this college age kid drops the door right in my son's face. He didn't even look back to see if anyone was behind him. I wanted to ask him if his mother taught him those manners. If I wouldn't have had to be a loudmouth for him to hear me, I would have done it, too. As it was, I made a comment to my son about rudeness. Not sure if he hear me or not. I don't really care if he did.

I'm a firm believer in "excuse me", "thank you" "I'm sorry" and eye contact. occasionally I catch myself bumping into a doorway, etc. and saying excuse me before realizing I'm talking to an inanimate object. For the most part around here, people are pretty polite, but some places people are, in the words of gordon ramsay, "running around like a baby rhino trying to take a..." well bbc didn't have to censor it but i do, you get the idea. trips to walmart drive me batty because people cut me off, block the aisles, and shove into me with never a flicker of thought towards a simple "excuse me".
It's just rude.
roll.png

When people barge past me like that, whether it be in a doorway, or on an aisle at a store, etc., I make an exaggerated step to the side, and say LOUDLY, "No, excuse ME! My fault! No, you go ahead, really, I insist!" By then they've already passed but they look back and my hope is that they feel like a complete idiot. It at least gets grins from on-lookers which satisfies me.
big_smile.png

To go into the grocery store I shop at, you have to cross a road that takes you by all the stores in the row of buildings. I cannot tell you how many times I have stopped to let older people cross. Funny though, when it's me crossing, the older people practically run me down.

Society these days has too many people out for themselves.

Round here, everyone holds doors for people, especially men holding doors for women. It would be considered the height of rudeness to allow the door to close on the person behind you, even if the person behind you is 10 feet away.

I love living in the South.
love.gif

By the time the second one was crashing through the door, you shoulda been on your toes by then, and jammed your shoe in front of the door so it only opened half way and she bump her head good. Might knock some sense into her.
lau.gif

I remember 16 years ago traveling these roads and everybody waved at you. Now you are lucky to get 2 people to wave at you.
also I hold the door for someone coming behind me. Tore into my DS once for not holding the door for some people.
Another reason we do not shop at wal-mart.

Back
Top Bottom