Rude People

Wow, That's aweful

I'm so sorry you went through that.
I am surprised that they treated you like that. I always get to appointments at least 15 min early. So does everyone in my family. I would think the next person was probley here already, if not, the doc could always use it as a pee break ect. Chance to do paper work. The squess you in, and maybe you wouldn't get your 15 min. if it was an infection, really it would take less then 5 min to look at you.

Unless this is a habit being late, which I"m guessing is not. No need to treat you like this. Even though I strive to be early, guess what. I've been late to see the pedatrion. They understood, I called as soon as I realized I was gonna be late. They said np, Thanks for calling. period.

I did apoligize to doctor for being late, she had no idea I was late. Cause, the recipationast is that great.

Really sad to be treated like that, when you are sick and need to see a doctor :(
Hugs

After driving all that way, I so would've went anyways and been like. I'm so sorry I'm late, I mean no disresepct. Thank-you for all you do. Look at this, I'm really sick I need to see a doc. It cost me x amount of $ to get here. Can you please make an expection, look at my past history, I've never been late. I really appercaite anything you can do for me.

I've been treated really bad at the ER before, there was a bad flu going around... I had wicked pains in my back like labor. I let it go a few days, then ran a fever and was throwing up. So not the flu. Get to ER, nurse was like, you came here with the flu, were busy, we can't do anything for the flu. (Keep in mind I'm Canadian people run to the docs here all the time for no reason, it's free) I was like, really look at my past history, I've never been here, except for a miscarrige. Something, really is wrong. It's not the flu. She was still quite mean, well did you take any pain mediacation, nope, I don't believe in that. Well and then you come here, yes something is wrong. So I did the pee test, came back bactria or something was in my pee test, Ok, well here's some sort've pain drugs, a doctor will see you. It was a kidney infection, doc after that tried to give me all sorts of pain meds, I'm like no. A prescription for antibiodics os fine. No pain meds, will make me sick

So sometimes, people are just not great :( sorry you went through that

That is very rude. I worked in the health care field for a long time (transport EMT) and was regularly treated rudely by doctors, nurses, receptionists, and even patients! There is no need to be rude EVER. I was always pleasant, even when in a bad mood (maybe I just talked a bit less, but never rude)

Doctors can be the worst. Is there any way you can switch doctors? It's hard when they are not close and little choice. Otherwise I would definitely let the head doctor know how you are being treated. I've found sometimes they just don't realize how their staff is treating people because they are so busy.

I have found another Doctor thanks to the walk in Doctor I saw.

I found out that my Doctor I was suppose to see was planning on leaving anyway and I'm guessing they were thinning out his patients so they didn't have to see them!
Had a foot doctor do that to me before.

Chickerdoodle I did complain to the administrator about this. Their staff claimed I had called just 5 minutes before my appointment which is not true. I offered to bring in my phone and show them. Besides there is terrible cell phone service in that area so there is no way I could have called them when they claimed.

I'm glad I am getting away from this clinic. It shows me if these people are willing to lie to cover themselves from any wrong doing then how can I trust them concerning a test result.

Glad you found a better Doc.

I have been in that situation where you are stuck and running late and called in to let them know. They say the same thing, more than 15 minutes late and tough luck.

BUT, I sure wish I had EVER been seen with in 15 minutes of my scheduled appointment, It is usually more like an hour and 15 minutes till they call you, then another 30 minutes waiting in an exam room, and about 15 seconds with the doc. I sure hope their peers treat them the same way.

Just a comment. At the doctor's office if they know you are running late, there is no reason they can't take the next person who is in the waiting room at the time. I have gotten in to see the doctor early on occasion for just that reason. Office staff and bureaucrats in general, not just doctor's offices, are so hung up on what they can't/won't do, they don't bother to figure out what they can do. Personally, I think in many cases it is a power trip. And chewing a person out is unacceptable. I would let the doctor know his staff is rude. He/she won't know if you don't speak up.

Cassie that is what I thought they would do. I did notify the administrator. Since I was already leaving figured nothing was going to be done.

Back
Top Bottom