Ruffled peababy

I use the oregano for cocci and as antibiotic but my tapeworm treatment got sidetracked.
What's best for tapeworm, I know you guys told me but my brain went out the window with my appendix! :). I need to do whole flock and soon.

Jill

Well just doing some reading and oregano is also a parasitic but takes more than one treatment. "77 percent of adult humans being treated for prasites were parSite free after being treatedforvsix weeks of oregano in pill form". Dang I wished I could post websites on my iPhone.

Anyhow, my showgirl doesn't feel well! She is my baby. She had gunk stuck to her feet and needs some tlc.

I need something with praziquantel for the peas I can't catch, to dose them. I heard safeguard doesn't kill all types of tapeworm. I did the darned cats but forgot my birdies! :(

I need something with praziquantel for the peas I can't catch, to dose them. I heard safeguard doesn't kill all types of tapeworm. I did the darned cats but forgot my birdies!
sad.png
Safe guard kills the same tapeworms cats and dogs can get
wink.png
I have never seen tape worm segments in my birds , cats or dogs but did bring home a pup in 2013 that passed them after i wormed her with safe guard and the vet told the litter owner the day before they had no worms, go figure.

My peababy looks pretty good now, enjoyed the sunshine today.

I think my little showgirl has egg binding issues. :( I have lost so many chicken hens to this, makes me wanna cry. They get oyster shell but some just don't like it. My first showgirl was a pet and she died after we battled it for almost two years. She would yank on my covers in the morning so I would pick her up for another couple hours of snuggling under the covers! She had personality out the kazoo. Never ever once pooped on us or while I snuggled her.

Gonna go scramble her an egg with some shells.

Last edited:
Have you given any vitamin E oil tob her? I saw that recommended somewhere else on byc for egg binding, so have been supplementing mine with some, as well as the flock fuel, which is basically some high omega oils.
I think the oyster shell is pretty big and crunchy. So I've also been giving some calcium from human calcium tablets occasionally. I crush the pills into powder.
I treat bread into chunks, put the flock fuel oil on it, then sprinkle the calcium powder and some probiotics on to it. The oil soaks into the bread and helps the powder stick on to it. If I'm using vitamin e oil, I squeeze it out of the capsules into the flock fuel so it mixed well, because the capsules are pretty concentrated.

Back
Top Bottom