Run mess

Yes, wood chippings!...and can be hard to get in small quantities.

- My runs have semi-deep litter(cold composting), never clean anything out, just add smaller dry materials on occasion, add larger wood chippings as needed.
Aged ramial wood chippings are best IMO.

full

For those of you that have used the GetChipDrop service, how long on average did you have to wait for a load to be delivered? I live in a rural area and am worried that I won't get a load of wood chips before fall when it starts to get wet. I don't see if there is a way to view any participating arborists in the area so I may be in a dead zone so to speak.

For those of you that have used the GetChipDrop service, how long on average did you have to wait for a load to be delivered? I live in a rural area and am worried that I won't get a load of wood chips before fall when it starts to get wet. I don't see if there is a way to view any participating arborists in the area so I may be in a dead zone so to speak.

An alternative would be to contact tree service companies in your immediate area and ask them if they'd drop a load of chips for a tip.

In the chipdrop discussions I've read either folks were very happy with getting what they got, or never got anything...a few had bad experiences with too much dumped where they didn't want it dumped.

Best to contact a tree trimming service, as @rosemarythyme suggested.
Can be hard to find one working in your area, but if you do they are usually very happy to off load the chippings. Watching for the power line trimmers is often the best bet.

Best to contact a tree trimming service, as @rosemarythyme suggested.
Can be hard to find one working in your area, but if you do they are usually very happy to off load the chippings. Watching for the power line trimmers is often the best bet.

Yeah it really depends on your area... in my area, tree trimmers are super eager to get rid of chips (otherwise they might have to trash them, which costs them money) so some companies might even be willing to drop off completely free.

I actually emailed a local tree service and it turns out it is a customer of mine that I helped set up a salt water aquarium for when I worked at Petco. Their first reply to the email was literally "Colt from Petco?" LOL So they are going to bring me a load next time they have a job out this way for free. :)

I actually emailed a local tree service and it turns out it is a customer of mine that I helped set up a salt water aquarium for when I worked at Petco. Their first reply to the email was literally "Colt from Petco?" LOL So they are going to bring me a load next time they have a job out this way for free. :)
Sweet!!!

Back
Top Bottom