1. atlanticchicks

atlanticchicks In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2017
    Where we live is all hills. I was looking today where we could put a coop and run and there is no flat ground! I know the coop will need to be level and can deal with that, fencing etc, but I was wondering is it okay to have the run on a slope? Will the chickens not bother going down it and therefore making it bigger downhill is a waste of time? Or will they go down the bottom and not be able to/want to get back up?
    Everywhere I see has chickens on flat land.

2. Living_Legend

Living_Legend Songster

Jan 3, 2018
    Freeland, MD
    My Coop
    Completely fine. You don't see it because I am sure its harder to build and make Predator proof.

atlanticchicks likes this.
  3. cholland

cholland Songster

Jan 17, 2017
    California
    They do fine. Mine are on a slope. I have logs and large branches going across the slope to help keep things in place. Whatever you put in there will end up at the bottom.

4. I have a run on a slope and the chickens love it, they go racing up the slope like they are going to lift off and fly!
    Its cute...

5. PollosMama

PollosMama Chirping

Mar 4, 2018
    Waynesville, NC
    We have a run on a sideways slope. Here's a picture of the beginning of building. They don't seem to mind. 20180317_180209.jpg

atlanticchicks and jthornton like this.
  6. atlanticchicks

atlanticchicks In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2017
    I have a feeling we'll have to build our own as well-too much to do to a bought one to make it slope proof so might as well make it to suit us.

jthornton likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: