Runing thread: Identify me!

AmyLM

Songster
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Buckley washington
As some of you may know from the raising chicks section... I ordered 26 chicks from MMH then called and added 8 phoenix as well. However... as luck would have it.. they shipped 44 (chicken math starter package?!). *scratching my head still* all the extra chicks lead to 16 being smothered or dieing shortly there after. *sigh* (sometimes gift horses need dental plans if you get my drift...). Well... I had ordered 26 DIFFERENT breeds. When they reshipped I honestly have no idea if what I got was what I had ordered... plus I picked up 8 bantams at TS.

Now... comes the fun part.. IDENTIFICATION! Rather than flooding you guys with a bazillion pics all at once I will do it 2 or 3 at a time. To hopefully give some guidance as to what I ordered (may NOT be what I got though!!) I'm enclosing my order lists.
GOLDEN CAMPINES hen
GOLDEN WYANDOTTE hen (got it?)
EGYPTIAN FAYOUMIS hen
LAKENVELDERS hen
CREVECOEURS hen (DOA)
SILVER POLISH hen
GOLDEN POLISH hen
W. C. BLACK POLISH hen
ANCONA hen,
ARAUCANA hen
SPECKLED SUSSEX hen
RHODE ISLAND RED hen
SILVER SEBRIGHT BANTAM St. Run
RED PYLE GAMES (DOA?)
BARRED ROCK hen
GOLDEN SEBRIGHT BANTAM St. Run (DOA?)
BUFF ROCK hen
B T BUFF JAPANESE BANT St. Run
DELAWARE hen
BLACK JAPANESE BANTAMS St. Run
WHITE JAPANESE BANTAMS St. Run
WHITE ROCK hen
SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE hen (not shipped)
SUMATRAS St. Run (not shipped)
Golden Penciled Hamburg hen
6 pheonix hens *rehome*
2 pheonix roos (extra shipped) *rehome*
Free Rare Exotic Chick

Reship (replacements for what I lost in shipping on the above order):

GOLDEN CAMPINES Females 1
BARRED ROCK Females 1
PHOENIX Males 1 *rehome*
CREVECOEURS Females 1
EGYPTIAN FAYOUMIS Females 3
Golden Penciled Hamburg Females 1
EGYPTIAN FAYOUMIS Males 1
LAKENVELDERS Females 1
BARRED ROCK Females 2
PHOENIX Females 1 *rehome*
SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females 2

+ 8 "assorted fancy bantams" from TS

Ok Here are are the first few!

Number One: this is a young one therefore yes I know... its hard to tell. but even my husband who doesn't know scratch about chickens... thinks we have a boy. And we think hes the one trying to sound like a squeeky door... and hes like 2.5 weeks old. lol What do you think? Boy? Breed?

Number 2 Breed?? boy... I think. Was supposed to be a girl as the only boys I ordered were phoenix...

Number 3 .. pullet? Gorgious paterning. white spots on chest.

the one in the front. in back is a phoenix boy.. i think. Still very very slow feather growth on him.

What I see:

1. Boy, Cochin
2. Boy, looks like your Golden Laced Wyandotte
3. Speckled Sussex, also looks like it might be a boy, but hard to tell just yet.
3. Background, yes, I think you are right, that looks like Silver Phoenix chick to me.

Most hatcheries only gaurantee sexing to be 90%, so if you only get one, you might just be out of luck. If you tell them they made a mistake, many will refund the difference in price, and since you've already had one reship, they might just give you a freebie on your next order.

How old are the pictured chicks? That will be helpful for sizing references.

the older ones are 4.5 weeks and the younger is only 2 weeks... and hes already THAT red. He started to get red at less than 1 week *faints* lol not much doubt in him from the start.

1. cochin boy
2. GLW boy
3. speckled sussex i,m leaning pullet the comb doesn't have any red yet but it could go either way

ok thats exactly what I thought on that group. On to group two...

Number 1 (I don't think this one will be very hard...lol)

number 2 Breed... well THATS easy ;) Gender... pullet? *hope* Oh and yes... both of these are sporting LOVELY mohawlks. Partially because I have a feather plucker in the group that seems to only target polish... my poor polish!

number 3.Again the breed is uber obvious! Gender? Pullet? And yes... its the Derpster!! ;) Just hanging out..

ok thats exactly what I thought on that group. On to group two...

Number 1 (I don't think this one will be very hard...lol)

number 2 Breed... well THATS easy ;)  Gender... pullet? *hope*  Oh and yes... both of these are sporting LOVELY mohawlks. Partially because I have a feather plucker in the group that seems to only target polish... my poor polish!

number 3.Again the breed is uber obvious! Gender? Pullet? And yes... its the Derpster!! ;) Just hanging out..

I'm just going to guess on your GL polish - I think it's a boy, and the SL polish is a girl. I am just guessing though ;) The crest just seems manly to me.

I'm just going to guess on your GL polish - I think it's a boy, and the SL polish is a girl. I am just guessing though
wink.png
The crest just seems manly to me.

I have a plucker whos pecked them pretty bad, so the shape of the head feathers is off. The feather plukers days are numbered I'm afraid....

BOs are notoriously difficult to sex as young chicks - the roos will sneak on you. Keep an eye on the comb - it's so hard for me to tell sickle/hackle feathers on buffs!

Back
Top Bottom