*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Yes, I planned on putting a camera back out there tomorrow just to keep an eye on them. I sure hope they don't hurt the ducklings, I just raised 10 myself and was looking forward to just watching the mom take care of them this time. ha ha
And it is very likely they will take care of them. It's one of those things where being wrong about the worst case is better than being wrong about the best case. Did that make sense? I need to get some sleep. You are such a conscientious duck caregiver, it is heartwarming.

hugs.gif

Thanks! yes that made sense to me. I love my animals and it would break my heart to see anything bad happen to them.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm still pretty new to runners and genetics. If I breed two blue runners together shouldn't about half of them come out silver? I can't find any for sell so I figured I'd just breed them.

blue x blue would produce 25% black, 50% blue, 25% silver.

Awesome, thanks for the info. :)
My two Fawn&White runners feet look a bit strange. On the inside edge of both feet it is slightly extended, like the skin is overgrown. Is this normal for runners or is it just something these guys have?

I just wanted to finally share some up-to-date pictures of my runners... yay!

This group of 4 fawn and whites are about 4 months old and absolutely the friendliest, sweetest things (they are the babies in my avatar, just all grown up now). They come running when they see me and follow me around the duck yard (got to watch out so as not to trip on them) and love to chat constantly at me. 2 males and 2 females.

Now this next group is 2 blues and 2 chocolates about 5 weeks old, all female. I got them from Metzer Farms. They are completely opposite of my older fawn and whites... ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF ME (I had to rely on zoom to get these photos). This is because I handled them much less than the first group which lived inside my house for 4 weeks and they come from our friends in town whose little girl held them a lot during their first days of life... where as these little ones only stayed with me for 1 week before I moved them out to the duck house. My SO thinks they were also effected from being sexed, rushed around and shipped for the first two days of their lives (couldn't say for sure though, and I'm not putting down hatcheries... these babies have been super healthy and I wouldn't have been able to get them without the hatchery... Metzer did a great job ensuring safe delivery and healthiness). Still love them, they'll come around soon I hope :)

@Miss Lydia
@Amiga

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom