*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

This little ducky had what appeared to be a broken leg from shipping and after 24 hours it was walking around much better and now at 7 days old you'd never know there was a problem. I'm leaning towards a he, any help?

I think it is too early to tell. Maybe Birdrain is onto something. But sometimes you can't be sure until you hear the quack of a female or the rasp of a male. For new duck people, sometimes you can't tell until you see the drake's curly tail feather.

Does he have a buddy?

I think it is too early to tell. Maybe Birdrain is onto something. But sometimes you can't be sure until you hear the quack of a female or the rasp of a male. For new duck people, sometimes you can't tell until you see the drake's curly tail feather.

Does he have a buddy?
He has 2 now. I gave him/her/it to a friend.

I have a total of 0 runner ducks! I want to get some though! Do they lay well? Go broody? Are they pretty nice?

Indian Runners are the world's 2nd best egg laying duck. The Khaki Campbell is the best egg laying duck but Indian Runners lay a lot of eggs. On average a hen that doesn't have duckling can lay up to 300 eggs a year. My hen went broody but never bit me but other animals like cats she would bite a lot. They are friendly and easy to handle.

Indian Runners are the world's 2nd best egg laying duck. The Khaki Campbell is the best egg laying duck but Indian Runners lay a lot of eggs. On average a hen that doesn't have duckling can lay up to 300 eggs a year. My hen went broody but never bit me but other animals like cats she would bite a lot. They are friendly and easy to handle.

Oh wow! That's great I really want some especially with the new info! :clap Are the males aggressive maters? I have two black barred muscovy drakes & they currently mate with my geese & honestly I have never seen such an aggressive courtship.

Last edited:
I have a total of 0 runner ducks! I want to get some though! Do they lay well? Go broody? Are they pretty nice?
My Runners lay quite well, and three or four of them go broody each year. I have nine altogether. They are W O N D E R F U L
love.gif
A few of them like hugs, no one likes their feet off the ground, though. Romy pantomimes what she wants - I am not exaggerating. Actually, several of them pantomime if they want something specific, like peas or want a water pot in a specific place. I never imagined . . .

I need some help from the runner experts! This is Nibbles the drake. (He got his curly feather pulled out so he's looking a little girly) He's almost a year old and I don't think he's actually a Pekin, which was what I was told he was when I got him. Do you think he has some runner in him or is he just a small Pekin?

I need some help from the runner experts! This is Nibbles the drake. (He got his curly feather pulled out so he's looking a little girly) He's almost a year old and I don't think he's actually a Pekin, which was what I was told he was when I got him. Do you think he has some runner in him or is he just a small Pekin?

That looks like a pekin too me.

My Runners lay quite well, and three or four of them go broody each year.  I have nine altogether.  They are W O N D E R F U L :love   A few of them like hugs, no one likes their feet off the ground, though.  Romy pantomimes what she wants - I am not exaggerating.  Actually, several of them pantomime if they want something specific, like peas or want a water pot in a specific place.  I never imagined . . .

How neat! :clap My geese like hugs too! They don't like being picked up either so I understand! :D

Can be. My hen will let the drake mate with her and every now and then you think oh no she's going to get hurt but then she's fine.

Okay! That's good because my muscovies are very aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom