*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
haha... Trout Runners.. So funny. Usually i get links to table linen when I google things about Runners.

I need to take some photos of some of the babies I have grown out over the last few months- so hopefully later today I can come back and add some photos. ( I hope they behave and stand up nice )

Just a reminder in the mean time to those of you using FB..There is a great Runner group with members from around the world. Its really great to see so many people sharing stories and photos of these wonderful birds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117239115030006/

Ok, I'll admit I haven't had a chance to read every post on this thread yet so this question might have already been answered but what does "penciled" mean? I just got 5 ducklings. 2 are Indian Runners. Stella is fawn/white and Quacker is black (both girls). I love runners! There's no way you can look at one and not smile. :)

Pencilled is a turned used to describe the pattern on the feathers. With the Fawn and White Runners- there are two different types. One has light fawn coloured feathers - and the other has two toned fawn feathers.

Here in Australia the main form is the pencilled variety-

Looking for some ideas on how I can work two dusky runner drakes into my breeding. They are both excellent conformation so I really hate just leave them out of the mix until I can find a dusky female. One is heterozygous for dusky, khaki and light genes and the other is homozygous for dusky, heterozygous for khaki. Possible pairings would be with the following color of females: Blue Trout, Saxony, White, Chocoloate or Black. Next year I would also have Penciled, Grey and Cumberland Blue available to include as well. I get some of the genetic basics like what you get when you breed Blue X Black but this one has me scratching my head. I think right now I am leaning to breeding one to a Blue Trout female and the other to a Saxony female but not sure what the outcoming would be. Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

haha... Trout Runners.. So funny. Usually i get links to table linen when I google things about Runners.

I need to take some photos of some of the babies I have grown out over the last few months- so hopefully later today I can come back and add some photos. ( I hope they behave and stand up nice )

Just a reminder in the mean time to those of you using FB..There is a great Runner group with members from around the world. Its really great to see so many people sharing stories and photos of these wonderful birds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117239115030006/
Your runners are simply awesome. I have seen alot of them and yours are definitely some of the very best!

I will be posting some pictures here in a little while. I am taking my runner ducklings out in the chicken yard in a bit for them to stretch their legs and get to know the Ladies. They will be as big as they are soon. One of my runners is noticeably bigger than the other. Could that mean I have a male and a female?

I will be posting some pictures here in a little while. I am taking my runner ducklings out in the chicken yard in a bit for them to stretch their legs and get to know the Ladies. They will be as big as they are soon. One of my runners is noticeably bigger than the other. Could that mean I have a male and a female?
That is a good indication in muscovy ducks but not necessarily runners. Do you notice any difference in their voices yet? That loud quack of a female is usually the best indication if you can't vent sex them and they are too young for the male to have the curl on the tail.

Back
Top Bottom