*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I love my 2 babies! I have 3-4 more coming in April as well! I can totally relate to your excitement!
Yes, it is just counting down the days........
caf.gif

Baby picture
Does he look like a fawn and white runner to you all? His color is spot on to a fawn and white runner, but his body type and stance doesn't seem like a runner to me. Do runners not stand as upright until they are older?

Last edited:

These are my three babies Bandit Spaze and Lucky. I have no clue if they are male or female and I want to know now! Hoping for two girls and a boy. Someone told me they were all three girls. Can anyone tell yet?

This is Violette, at 12 days old, with her "chicken mama". She is the lone survivor of my first hatch (five eggs). She gets daily supervised visits with the older ducks and lots of attention. She may be getting some playmates this weekend when the next batch of eggs is due to hatch.

Help
One of my runners won't get up she hobbles I don't want to traumatize her and chase her down and remove her what do I do
You need to check her out. One of the skills we have to work on as a duck owner is slowly herding a duck to a place where it can't escape so we can slowly pick it up. Unfortunately ducks learn better ways to avoid being herded into a place where they can't escape so it is harder than one might think. Maybe you can lure her in with treats and snag her. If not, she will get over being chased down. Check the bottoms of her feet for thorns/thistles/slivers/cuts/bumbles. If they look alright, make sure she can operate each joint in her leg without pain. Feel for excess heat (infection or inflammation) in each joint. Give her a chance to swim in a kiddie pool or bath tub. This will give her a chance to use the leg with no weight on it. Observe what problems she shows then. If you can't find any cause, you may want to wait a day or two and see if it improves. Ducks especially runners can easily jar or bruise joints that heal fairly quickly on their own. If it was me and I did all this and couldn't find any cause and I didn't see improvement in 3 days, I would take mine into a vet. I have in the past and they usually have given the duck an anti-inflammatory (injection - don't know what) and sent me home with an oral antibiotic (again don't know what - sorry). By the time the antibiotic was done the duck was fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom