*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckLover2399, Dec 15, 2011.

1. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Wow! Is he yours??

2. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA

yes.

3. gardengoats11

gardengoats11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Northern KY
    Have 2 runners missing today. Probably preyed upon by a turle. Noticed ducks & geese not staying near pond. Went down and removed a snapping turtle that was about 18" across front to back. Any suggestions for or web sites about trapping/capturing turtles. Birds no longer have acess to pond.

4. gardengoats11

gardengoats11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Northern KY
    Walt, beautiful white drake!

I'm going to add white and grey to the flock next year.

5. Buckas

Buckas Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    2 (fawn and white) out of 5 of my runners are like yours HOOLIGANCHICK, they have the green patches on their bills and waddle. I was thinking they did it because their center of balance was off due to being heavier than the others and as far as the color on the bill, my guess is it's just normal coloring since their bodies aren't a solid color. Mine spend so much time "waddling" through the grass looking for bugs perhaps their muscles have over compensated and they no longer are able to stand as straight or run upright (they have let themselves go and need to tighten their cores basically). I'll go with her being a runner [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. Janelyn

Janelyn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    Atwater California
    Hooliganchicks
    Don't ducks imprint on other things? Maybe that is the case of your Runner, it walks like the other birds it is with??
    Just a thought.

7. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    The further back the legs are the more erect the Runner stands. Their instinct is to stand as vertical as their legs allow.

Walt

8. HooliganChicks

HooliganChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2013
    Central Ontario
    Thanks everyone. Yes, she's with four other waddlers, no other runners, and they spend a lot of time swimming and looking through the underbrush for goodies. She does stand taller than the others, but not as tall as Walt's gorgeous runner. I'm glad there's no identity crisis.

9. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Congrats! He's beautiful!

10. qwackers

qwackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    somerset, england
    she could be a slight a cross. She is definately more runner than not. She has a runner face I think. One of my runner boys isnt quite as upright at the others but I think Walt said before he thought he was a magpie, I think he may have some magpie in him from a past generation but not parents, plus he's a fatty so that wont help with his stance!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by