*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckLover2399, Dec 15, 2011.

1. gardengoats11

gardengoats11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Northern KY
    My runners are about 9 weeks old. I noticed drake tail feathers on some the past few days. Are they old enough to be displaying these yet or are they just playingtricks on me?

2. Alicev26

Alicev26 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This is Albert, my indian runner drake. I bought him with these white markings so I'm not sure if it is an age thing or just the way he is, but either way I think he's handsome.

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    indeed!

4. ke5hde

ke5hde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Lafayette,NY
    Our chocolate female has gotten more white on her as she's gotten older (2yrs) although sh'e not nearly as dark as yours. She has white in the same place yours does. I love the way she looks and since I don't show my ducks, I don't worry about it.
    your Albert is a beautiful drake. I love the way he looks.
    I've noticed as our blue youngsters are getting older, maybe 10wks now, they are starting to get some splash to them. Not much just a little. I'll have to try to get some new pics up of them.

Chris

5. Alicev26

Alicev26 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2013
    Thanks! He's my only runner so I won't be breeding him, but I am proud to have him :)
    I was surprised how young your 10 week old runners are to be getting splash. Although, Albert is around 10 months and quite white already. Suppose it depends on the genes determining how early and how much white they get?

6. ke5hde

ke5hde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Lafayette,NY
    The youngsters aren't getting any white in them yet, just some black splashes here and there, just like their dad. Unfortunately they don't seem to want any pictures taken of them this morning. Go figure.

Chris

7. Janelyn

Janelyn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    Atwater California
    I'm not sure if you can tell in this picture, my black runners have a lot of iridescent Green, especially on the head. I think they are beautiful.

[​IMG]

8. qwackers

qwackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    somerset, england
    yeah one of my runners who is black and white has a green sheen to his head and blue on the bottoms of his wings. Very pretty. He seems to be the dominant one out of them and all 3 of the runner males are starting to make funny farty noises. What is it!?

9. Janelyn

Janelyn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    Atwater California
    My 4 1/2 month old boys do that also, while kind of curling their neck when they are in their pool.
    I thought it was some sort of mating age communication. All 5 of mine are male.

10. qwackers

qwackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    somerset, england
    Yeah that sounds the same. Weird yeah maybe it is or some dominance thing. They don't do it near the girls so wasn't sure about the mating thing. they are funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by