*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
My runner Cocoa Puff loves the water....BUT she cant seem to grasp the concept of stepping on the cement block to get in. So I have to put her in. Then she cant get out. So I have to stay with her until she lets me know she has had enough. Silly duck!
gig.gif

Our new runners. Brought this black pair and the white girl home today. The black drake is a little long in the butt, but I can live with that. The black girl is decent looking but the white girl is beautiful.

Ok say I got two new runners yesterday, a blue girl and a trout coloured boy, I will post a good pic of them soon, but one of my existing chocolate girls, Sally, is a complete water baby. They all love the water but she just can't get enough of it and this morning I caught her trying to monopolise they communal water bucket and it cracked me up enough to want to share!

I am looking for a male and 2 female runners to add to my flock of 6 mallards. I would like babies and would raise them in our kitchen for a few weeks before introducing them to our flock. Strictly pets!! :)

I am looking for a male and 2 female runners to add to my flock of 6 mallards. I would like babies and would raise them in our kitchen for a few weeks before introducing them to our flock. Strictly pets!! :)
You might take a peek over at the Rehoming forum. I really enjoy our runners. I don't know if there are any rescue groups near you, but sometimes they take in runners.

I wasn't expecting eggs from my runners this year. They were hatched May 20 of this year. There have been sporadic eggs in the duck run in both white and green for the past 3 weeks. I guess they started laying at about 17 weeks.

I was wondering about my runners and breeding...... I'm not planning on getting an incubator or actually making a conscious effort to breed them (famous last words!) but I would love for nature to take its course and for them to do it all by themselves. I have read several times that they are poor at setting and looking after ducklings too so I was just wondering how likely it is that it might happen? Has anyone's runners had a little family without any help?
We have 3 chocolate girls, a white girl, a blue girl and a trout coloured drake? Anyone like to hazard a guess at the colours I could expect?!

Thanks a lot.

I was wondering about my runners and breeding...... I'm not planning on getting an incubator or actually making a conscious effort to breed them (famous last words!) but I would love for nature to take its course and for them to do it all by themselves. I have read several times that they are poor at setting and looking after ducklings too so I was just wondering how likely it is that it might happen? Has anyone's runners had a little family without any help?
We have 3 chocolate girls, a white girl, a blue girl and a trout coloured drake? Anyone like to hazard a guess at the colours I could expect?!

Thanks a lot.

Our Bonnie sat for us in the spring. She was a mean and nasty broody. She hatched 3 little ones and took wonderful care of them. I haven't seen another egg from her all summer. She molted after she was finally done with the babies and that was it. She was the same last year too. No eggs from her until spring.
As for colors, who knows. Bonnie is a chocolate duck and Clyde is a blue drake. We ended up with blacks and blues. Since they all carry chocolate from their mom, I'll breed one of the drakes back to her with hopes of some chocolates. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom