*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Our sweet babies playing in the tub! (rj23)

Hey guys! I am about to be a new owner of runner ducks! I am excited! I was wondering, will they help with the flies caused by my chickens? I heard they are good fly catchers. I am hoping they can make this summer better than last. Soooooo many flies last summer.

Hello all!

I'm pondering trading for some runner ducks, but they're already 3 years old. How long do they generally lay eggs? And does the egg production drop off significantly at a particular juncture? Life expectancy?

Thanks!

My one Runner Girl is just one year old, and before her I had one that was 5. The older one was a great layer and I suspect that she would have been just fine here; the young girl is a great layer of beautiful blue eggs. I have read life expectancies up yo 20 yrs. hopefully som folks who've been keeping runners longer will be on quickly to chime in.

Hello all!

I'm pondering trading for some runner ducks, but they're already 3 years old. How long do they generally lay eggs? And does the egg production drop off significantly at a particular juncture? Life expectancy?

Thanks!
I have runner ducks, four years old. They take a break over the late fall and winter, then start up again. I get five to nine eggs a day (I have nine runners) during laying season. So when they take their 4 to 5 month rest, I have no gripes.

All year long they make the best fertilizer I have ever used - I bank it up - their bedding - in the winter, and spread it around the gardens and berry patches and fruit trees in the spring. During the warmer weather, they have all but eliminated slugs and enjoy eating Japanese beetle larvae and adults.

And yes, if you keep them in a healthy safe environment, more than ten years is their life expectancy.

Back
Top Bottom