*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I am interested in selling some fawn and white indian runners and I am wondering how much is a reasonable price to sell them for. What ages are good to sell them at and how much should I charge for each age. Thanks in advance!!!

I just set my first ever batch of eggs in my first ever incubator (gatorbator). It is quite an exciting time. Now to wait...

Mom is a buff and dad is a runner:

Have you read the hatching threads in the Stickies? Maybe looked at the Call Duck Hatching thread to get some ideas?

I am not a hatcher, but I see questions frequently about humidity, internal pips, when to help, lockdown, all that.

Have you read the hatching threads in the Stickies?  Maybe looked at the Call Duck Hatching thread to get some ideas?

I am not a hatcher, but I see questions frequently about humidity, internal pips, when to help, lockdown, all that.  

I have read a few forum threads on incubating but I have not checked out the stickies. Thanks for the idea! I will definitely look into it.

I think I sounded a bit dour. Just pooped today. So let me say hooray for you! It is quite the adventure from anything I have seen, so I hope you are able to connect with experienced hatchers here well before it's crisis time, if that indeed happens. I am sure most hatchings go just fine. I just notice the ones that are in crisis and need quick answers on the forum. I feel so helpless sometimes since I don't have direct experience.

My English teacher would not be happy with the above paragraph. Too many sentences begin with "I."

My eggs have just started hatching! Currently have a silver and a black hatched. :) I cannot wait for them to finish so excited!

So exciting!! Do they stay the same color as they are at hatch? I only ask because I had a muscovy duckling that changed colors a few times before she was an adult. I never have had experience with runners though. It would be nice to know what color they are right at hatch
big_smile.png

Just wanted to share our babies with everyone here. The amount of information here seriously rivals Mr. Holderread's book. So, a big thank you to all who post on the Duck Forum. :)

We have 3 adult Runners, 2 drakes and 1duck, as well as a Pekin duck. We have been brooding these 7 Runners to add to our flock. We are hoping they are all ducks. They are 3 Chocolate, 2 Black and 2 Blue. We ordered from Meyer Hatchery, because that is closest to us, but I read later here that they likely came from Metzer. Either way, we are happy with our purchase. They were shipped with a heat pack and Gro-Gel, and seem to be doing well.

a bath in the tub at 1 week

an outside bath at 19 days:

and outside in their temporary outdoor playpen with supervision:

Thanks again to all who add to the forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom