*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

From my penciled runner pen I have gotten 2 yellow ducklings. I have no white ducks that are old enough ti breed. Any thoughts where the yellow ducklings came from? The pencileds are from Holderreads. Going to have to look up runner color genetics.

My babies first bath

Genetically, penciled are homozygous dominant, fawn & white are homozygous recessive, and the heterozygous condition is blue fawn penciled. Breeding penciled to penciled can't produce fawn & white. I do agree that fawn and whites do very much appear to look like whites as ducklings until examined more closely. I'm thinking these penciled have had whites bred into the line at some point and is now showing up since white is recessive and can hide for many generations.

I have a question. My male runner Jace sounds hoarse and has for about 2 weeks. I have added grit for 2 weeks also and he is not getting any louder. He is eating and acting normal other than his voice. Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do?
Thanks for advice in advance.
Cassie

Hey guys i ordered a breeding pair of chocolate runners from efowl and I have a mini brown crested runner duck right now but she is laying eggs and my Pekin put them in her nest but will a runner duck make a nest and broody i no they usually dont but could they ? But ill show pics once i get them

Hey guys i ordered a breeding pair of chocolate runners from efowl and I have a mini brown crested runner duck right now but she is laying eggs and my Pekin put them in her nest but will a runner duck make a nest and broody i no they usually dont but could they ? But ill show pics once i get them

We have 2 girls on nests now. These will be the 2nd and 3rd broodies this year. Our runners seem to be more broody than most but I don't mind, it saves me some trouble :)

Is Saxony a runner duck pattern? I have three runner ducks that came in as 'surprise me' from Holderread this spring. Two are obviously black... I can figure that out. 8)

I was assuming the third was fawn and white, but really it is mostly fawn with Saxony markings on the head. Thought it was a saxony (which I had also ordered) for a long time, actually, took a couple weeks to start standing like a runner. Here are two pictures of her (still in her juvenile feathers).

Back
Top Bottom