*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

No I do not have an incubator as I was not ever planning on hatching any eggs...My daughter joined 4-H and I thought this could be a learning experience for her. I am prepared if things go down hill after they hatch though. Her food and water are just inches from where she has laid and She was up and off the nest for a short time today to get food and drink. I am hoping for the best :) Thank you for your reply I will keep everyone posted.

We picked up 8 runners about a month ago. They are our first duckies! They are now 5 weeks old (one is 6 weeks) as they're getting older and changing one is different than the rest. It has shorter and more spread out legs. A WAY bigger body, shorter neck and it walks differently then the rest. I'll post a few pictures if anyone can help we'd like to know if it's a mix of a different duck and if so can anyone identify which? We're just curious. Love him like the rest!<3
1st pic shows how much shorter he us

2nd pic isnt very clear but it shows the size difference on his chest

3rd picture shows his cute short little legs!

thank you to everyone! Love seeing all the runner duck pics! Much cuteness!

No I do not have an incubator as I was not ever planning on hatching any eggs...My daughter joined 4-H and I thought this could be a learning experience for her. I am prepared if things go down hill after they hatch though. Her food and water are just inches from where she has laid and She was up and off the nest for a short time today to get food and drink. I am hoping for the best :) Thank you for your reply I will keep everyone posted.

I've never hatched anything myself, but having ducklings is great for kids. Good luck!

We picked up 8 runners about a month ago. They are our first duckies! They are now 5 weeks old (one is 6 weeks) as they're getting older and changing one is different than the rest. It has shorter and more spread out legs. A WAY bigger body, shorter neck and it walks differently then the rest. I'll post a few pictures if anyone can help we'd like to know if it's a mix of a different duck and if so can anyone identify which? We're just curious. Love him like the rest!<3
1st pic shows how much shorter he us
2nd pic isnt very clear but it shows the size difference on his chest
3rd picture shows his cute short little legs!
thank you to everyone! Love seeing all the runner duck pics! Much cuteness!
All of your ducks are super cute. It's hard to say what he might be mixed with though. Maybe Pekin? It might be easier to tell when he gets he finishes growing and gets his adult feathers.

I listened carefully this morning to her/his quack. Its whispery. So, Fonzie, right? lol
His mate there, the white one, Pekin I think, quacks really loudly. I guess I had them turned around as Fawn and Chip, but actually probably have Fonzie and Chippa, huh? he he he

I listened carefully this morning to her/his quack. Its whispery. So, Fonzie, right? lol
His mate there, the white one, Pekin I think, quacks really loudly. I guess I had them turned around as Fawn and Chip, but actually probably have Fonzie and Chippa, huh? he he he

Sounds like it! That actually might be better in the long run since duck sex can be kind of rough. A bigger male could do a lot of damage to a smaller female.

Back
Top Bottom