*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

The spring is getting closer! I'm going to order a dozen runner duck eggs to hatch when it warms up! I've had a few before but is there anything that I should do for them that I don't do for my other three ducks (two muscovies and a crested cayuga)? They'll be free ranging during the day. They won't have access to the big pond unless they go through the fence. They will have a large kiddy pool though.

Celebrating the abating snow
20210214_092556.jpg
20210217_143600.jpg

The spring is getting closer! I'm going to order a dozen runner duck eggs to hatch when it warms up! I've had a few before but is there anything that I should do for them that I don't do for my other three ducks (two muscovies and a crested cayuga)? They'll be free ranging during the day. They won't have access to the big pond unless they go through the fence. They will have a large kiddy pool though.
I think that Runners are pretty easy, really, but I haven't had any other breeds before.
Contrary to assumptions made about the breed due to their name, they do love water!
20200827_163147.jpg

Those are adorable! I was about to ask if you sell day olds or hatching eggs because chocolate and chocolate pied are my dream colors for ducks but then I realized that you live in australia lol.
Sorry i cant help. It was a challenge myself to find chocolate, almost all Indian runners around me are white, but I do wish you hood luck on finding some.
I need to find some black ducks next so I can hatch some sex-links

Back
Top Bottom