Runner duck losing her voice and kind of coughing?!

Doesn't sound like she is sick with her eating drinking and running around. You could treat her for an illness but it may be best to take her to a vet and have them examine her. In the meantime put some ACV with mother into the drinking water 1 tab per gal. It can kill some bacteria. She's been around the rest of the flock all this time no need to separate unless she starts acting sick stops eating etc, Then it would be best just to keep her quiet so you can monitor her better. Quacking like she is in distress or just because she likes to hear her own voice? I have a Runner like that who just loves to hear herself quack.
if you could put up a video of her coughing that would be good. You have to put it on youtube or another platform then copy and paste it here.

Last edited:
Thank you for that, @Miss Lydia I've been giving her water with ACV with the mother in it at night. She's quacking mostly like she's calling for myself or her friend; she doesn't stop if she has her friend at her side but does when I'm paying attention to her. I have tried to video her coughing, but it's quiet enough to where my phone can't pick up on it. She was just standing outside my window coughing but I didn't have my phone on me. I will plan on taking her to the vet this weekend with the other two or three animals that have appointments:gig My poor, poor vet. Is there anything I should ask him to check out specifically?

Thank you for that @Miss Lydia!

@Waddlewoods
I'm not actually sure what it was she had. I thought maybe she ate something sharp and it hurt her throat for a bit because one of my other ducks started doing that shortly after I discovered glass in their pen. Not 100% certain on that though!

I gave everyone apple cider vinegar with the mother in their water at night until it cleared up. Dosage is on the first page! One of my ducks was starting this up again but it cleared immediately after a few nights of treatment.

Let me know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom