Runner Duckling Quacks

CandQ

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Hello all!
My two Runner boys (as sexed by the breeder before I got them) are a month old now. At about one week, Quackers started quacking a little bit! He hasn't changed much or quacked more than at the start - everything is still little chirps like Cheese.
Here's a video from the first day I heard him quacking:

But I know that female Runners quack and males sound more whispery and hoarse ... I'm almost worried they sexed him wrong ... But I can't find any videos of what male or female adult runners sound like to compare so I was wondering if any of my new friends on here might know :)
For the record, Cheese is still only peeping. From what I've read, Quackers started really early!

Here's another video of Quacks at two weeks - this is pretty much what he sounds like now as well :)

Hello all!
My two Runner boys (as sexed by the breeder before I got them) are a month old now. At about one week, Quackers started quacking a little bit! He hasn't changed much or quacked more than at the start - everything is still little chirps like Cheese.
Here's a video from the first day I heard him quacking:

But I know that female Runners quack and males sound more whispery and hoarse ... I'm almost worried they sexed him wrong ... But I can't find any videos of what male or female adult runners sound like to compare so I was wondering if any of my new friends on here might know
smile.png

For the record, Cheese is still only peeping. From what I've read, Quackers started really early!

Here's another video of Quacks at two weeks - this is pretty much what he sounds like now as well
smile.png

Here is a video where you can hear the ducks and drakes quacking and can distinguish between the 2, I can't hear anything but baby talk from yours still. but this will give you an idea for later. they sure are cute. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...irst=0&FORM=NVPFVR&qpvt=runner+ducks+quacking

Yeah..i don't hear anything except the normal baby duck peeping. They're too young to tell from the quack yet. My runners just now are starting to quack every now and again between the peeps and they're 4 weeks old. You'll know in a couple weeks if they're little boys...if they're both boys maybe you won't because you won't have anything to compare it to..lol Trust me if they're girls you will know because the quack is MUCH louder than with the males.

Oh my! My boys are very much still baby boys! I just celebrate and awe over ever little change :) I had no idea that's how loud the girls are! Hubby will be glad they're both boys when I show him that lol Thank you, friends!!! :)

Oh my! My boys are very much still baby boys! I just celebrate and awe over ever little change
smile.png
I had no idea that's how loud the girls are! Hubby will be glad they're both boys when I show him that lol Thank you, friends!!!
smile.png
Don't forget the pics and videos we enjoy them so much
smile.png

Hi! New duckling owner over here. Four total ducks, six weeks old, two khaki cambels and two runners (according to the farmer girl, however,starting to think they are actually Pekins ...). The smaller "runner" aka butter, was always very vocal from beginning and had a distinctive quacking sound from about two weeks old till last Sunday when suddenly all he or she does now is peep, confused, I was convinced she/he was a girl, does this happen ever? Meanwhile, one of my khakis is all out quacking...the rest of the clan sound like squeaky toys. Thinking I my have worst case scenario of three drakes to one girl. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

Hi! New duckling owner over here. Four total ducks, six weeks old, two khaki cambels and two runners (according to the farmer girl, however,starting to think they are actually Pekins ...). The smaller "runner" aka butter, was always very vocal from beginning and had a distinctive quacking sound from about two weeks old till last Sunday when suddenly all he or she does now is peep, confused, I was convinced she/he was a girl, does this happen ever? Meanwhile, one of my khakis is all out quacking...the rest of the clan sound like squeaky toys. Thinking I my have worst case scenario of three drakes to one girl. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!
What we need are pics, or video. visual is much better, and
welcome-byc.gif

Not sure if the video will work ... Try again
smile.png

Won't work
sad.png
but they are absolutely adorable and Quacks sitting is just the best made me laugh out loud. Love the diaper harnesses too she does a great job on them. and the pic of Quackers sitting on Cheese is just too cute. They look like so much fun.. Love them.. Now fix that video.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom