Runner ducks are suddenly being aggressive to each other

They all quack in the same way and regularly lay three eggs a day, I assume that one egg belongs to each of them, not that one lays two, although that is still possible. They also look almost the same, only a slight difference in color.
Sounds like they’re all female, sorry I don’t have any more advice it’s puzzling me why they would attack each other. I hope you find a solution to fix it 😊

You don't have to be sorry, I was thinking about that possibility too, but I am sure that they are all females.
Sometimes I don't always know how I come off, wanted to make sure 😃.

It definitely sounds like you have females though. Dealing with a hormonal drake would have been a lot more straightforward.

I'm late to the party and just finished reading the whole thread. My first thought while reading from the beginning was is that one a drake? I'm wondering if adding a drake to the mix might be a good idea? They are usually much easier to find and that ought to calm down that one aggressive girl. Just a thought.

I've got 13 runner girls and have never had that problem. They've mated each other in the pool and maybe a bit of bickering but nothing like what you are describing. You've been given a lot of good ideas here. So try each one and hopefully something will work.

I will say my girls love their drake and he is so protective of his girls he will go inside the coop of an evening but if all his girls aren't in he goes and gets them. So if you decide to get a drake that can be a plus. Maybe 2 more females and a drake? My runner drake is so hilarious he talks every breath even when eating it's not loud but he def has a lot to say. lol

Back
Top Bottom