Runny Poo- Caused by Stress??

eggsandhens

Songster
Jul 7, 2020
The US of A
My chickens poo has been a little runny lately. Then today, I saw that when one of them pooed, it was almost like straight water with some poo “runny chunks” in it! At first I thought it was because it was hot, but today isn’t even that hot/warm! I checked this morning if any of them had impacted crops, and none of them did. Could there runny poo be from stress? Or what else? I don’t chase my chickens so I don’t know what would be super stressful? They are about 9 weeks old, if that helps.

You should see the soupy poop from my flock after they gorge on chard and lettuce and squash. I also feed fermented feed, and it's rare to see firm poop. I also have four very old hens, and they have very soupy poop. Recently deceased was a hen who never once in her life had anything but soupy poop. She was eight years old when she became sick for the first time in her life.

Hot days mean lots of water consumed, and that means soupy poop. Are you beginning to get the idea here? There are many ways that healthy poop can be soupy.

They are eating and drinking as normal. Another thing that’s changed is that I’ve had to put Pick-No-More on a lot of them because my Plymouth Rocks love to peck my Leghorns and Silver Laces Wyandottes. The only other thing I could think of that’s “different” is that we just bought more food for them and refilled their feeder, but it’s the same food they always have. They don’t look puffy, from my knowledge.

You should see the soupy poop from my flock after they gorge on chard and lettuce and squash. I also feed fermented feed, and it's rare to see firm poop. I also have four very old hens, and they have very soupy poop. Recently deceased was a hen who never once in her life had anything but soupy poop. She was eight years old when she became sick for the first time in her life.

Hot days mean lots of water consumed, and that means soupy poop. Are you beginning to get the idea here? There are many ways that healthy poop can be soupy.

Thank you! That makes me feel way better. There hasn’t been a lot that’s changed (except the weather a little) so I started to get stressed out. Glad I hopped on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom