Runny Poo- Caused by Stress??

1. It's okay, there are things you can do. First, try to pinpoint the symptoms to make a possible diagnosis. Look closely. Do any of them have runny eyes or noses? Are any acting more tired? First thing's first, separate the chickens with symptoms from the rest of the flock. The last thing you want is to let the rest of them catch it. Clean all of the runny poop from the coop as well (again, to keep the contagions away). Give the sick ones clean food and water, and continue to monitor them closely. Sometimes these problems resolve themselves. How hot is it outside?

Ok. None of them have runny eyes or noses. None are acting more tired than usual. One girl is the first one to take a long dirt bath outside but she’s done that since I can remember. It’s about 73 degrees right now.

Sorry I haven’t updated in a bit. My chicks now have good solid poops, but they are still sneezing. They only sneeze occasionally, and it’s when they outside in the dust. It’s about 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. So, does that means it’s fine? They aren’t showing any other symptoms.

You should see the soupy poop from my flock after they gorge on chard and lettuce and squash. I also feed fermented feed, and it's rare to see firm poop. I also have four very old hens, and they have very soupy poop. Recently deceased was a hen who never once in her life had anything but soupy poop. She was eight years old when she became sick for the first time in her life.

Hot days mean lots of water consumed, and that means soupy poop. Are you beginning to get the idea here? There are many ways that healthy poop can be soupy.
Thanks for this! Old Girl has had some caramel brown coloured loose poo recently. But we are at almost 90F temps and yesterday she ate a lot of greens (hogged the whole trough!). I noticed some other runnier bits from others and with the heat the water drinking is a good reason.

Back
Top Bottom