Runny...

MrsKemmerlin

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Round O, SC
New babies = crazy adorable!
big_smile.png
But their poo seems to be rather runny.. I figured it was because they came from the feed store and I'm sure they aren't on the best food/schedule/etc. there - I was going to give them a few days to settle in and get in a new routine, but I was just running it by everyone to make sure I wasn't making an excuse for something that could be a little more than what I was thinking!

..And they don't like to be held or messed with yet (which is very hard for me) - giving them a few days to get over that, and then I'm breaking out the big guns - treats!

Hi I am new here too but there is a fairly recent post from today about giving treats. Someone on there recommended oateal for the runs. I have rubbed raw rolled oatmeal in my fingers to make it more powdery and added it to my young chicks' food. They LOVE it.

They need to get use to you -- try picking them up for a little bit each day so they get use to you and the feel of your hand. Soon they will look forward to you paying attention to them. I would recommend that you go easy on the treats. If you do give them treats, provide some grit (dirt has lots of grit) with the treats. I noticed that when we hatched chickens, the mama hen would let them eat whatever she ate but she taught them to peck and scratch in the dirt right away.

Back
Top Bottom