Chicks scream when I leave their site

TwoLittleDuccleChicks

In the Brooder
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2024
Hi, my chicks are 4 weeks now and they are so happy but when I leave the house they just scream for about 10min before they just settle themselves.

I think that because of this stress they poop a bit of diarrhea when I’m gone because when I’m with them their poos are healthy.

The rest of the day they are happy chirping and at night they will scream a bit but usually fall asleep in a few min and are out like a light for the whole night.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel bad for my neighbours but also for the chicks who are crying for 10 min :( makes me not want to leave the house.

Any advice would be appreciated

We turn the TV on for them when they do that. I'm surprised they are that old and still doing it though as these are usually just a few days old.

A radio might work too.

If you get some probiotics like sugar free Greek yogurt, or Hydro-Hen, or Sav a Chick for their water, just a day of that might help clear up the diarrhea.

Hi

Thanks for that, I think the problem is that they were raised by their mum until 3 weeks old. We only got them a week ago because the owner couldn’t care for them so we took them in.

I’ll try the Greek yogurt and tv - thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom