1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    If you can draw really good please email me i need help designing a low cost coop for 25 bantam cochins so please email me! Im begging you.

2. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Poultry Crazy Kid -

I am sorry to say that my drawing skills are, well, I don't have any. BUT - a search of this forum might result in information useful to you.

There are some great pictures of 150 coops - big and small - with accompanying design information here --
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    do a search for free chicken coop plans on google and you will find many

4. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I just read your other thread. Instead of building a coop from scratch why not try to get an old shed and convert that? It's much easier than building from scratch (trust me I know, I tried to build one and I failed miserably).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  5. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. I have been away from my computer for a few hours and this kid has 2 threads locked already [​IMG]

Kid, you have been helped numerous times in the other 2 locked threads. I haven't read the forum rules (shhh) but I am thinking that if this one gets locked the 3 strikes, your out rule may apply.

Now play nice with the others. Everyone is trying to help but no one is going to build a coop for you. We all had to learn too!

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    What all of the others said.

Silkies cannot fly...so high buildings are not a good idea.

Get wire from a dog-kennel or something like that...and get a dog house for them. Saves money, easy as pie also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by