Runs built with t posts?

IRL

Songster
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Hi
It would be great if you could post pics of your runs built with t posts. I want to build a large run with them soon, and need some idea of what it would look like, and how nice I can get it to look.
Thanks!

Our coop has a run attached that we used the t posts for. DH put a tall wooden post in the middle of the front and ran a cable to the coop up high and ran the chicken wire across the run over the cable so it was high enough we could walk in the run if need be. We used wire to "sew" the wire around the top of the fenced area and along each row of chicken wire we added to cover the run.

I don't have pictures. Our coop and pens are made to be servicable, not cute so I don't know if this idea would be for you but it's an idea to get things started.

Our coop and pens are also open air mostly so they don't roast in the summer and we have plexiglas panels we cover them with when it gets cold. They also have small doors they can go out into the runs if they want to or we can close them in real cold weather or when having an ice storm. We don't get alot of snow.

Thanks, I don't expect a run with t posts to be cute, but I was hoping I could make it look a little more sturdy or orderly than some of the runs I've seen. Anybody else?

we have a dachshund and we used the t-posts, and some powder coated wire and it worked well but it got pretty beat up from people trying to step over the wire and bending the cheap t-posts, if you got good t-posts it would be good, but we bought the small t-posts,,,, i hope everything works out for you, dont go TOO CHEAP lol
big_smile.png

My run is currently done with T-posts but we will be converting it into a wood frames run when time and money allow. It has worked so far, but it isn't pretty or very sturdy. Over time the chicken push against the wire fencing and bend it, so you wind up with gaps on the bottom that have to be staked down. I'll try to get some pictures tonight when it cools off.

My run is made from T posts. I first built my chicken coop then I fenced it in using T posts. We live inside the city limits so I figured they would be easy to take down if this whole raising chickens thing didn't work out. You can check out some of my pictures once I post them on my BYC page. T posts work perfect for me.

Hi from Ga. I put in a 20' run for my turkey's with t posts. made it 5' tall and 5' wide so I could use 5' welded wire.
97415_100_0410.jpg
big_smile.png
hope you can see it .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom