Runt not feathering

Thought roo for sure, but ended up a nice , fully feathered hen ! Happy ending
1f604.png

I was just getting ready to post something just like this when I saw this thread. So I decided to chime in. I have a BO that is small and not feathering nearly as fast as the others, with no sign of a comb at almost 8 weeks. She is not bullied by the others and even seems to be pretty high in the pecking order. She is my favorite lap chicken and has an inquisitive and bold personality, but she looks like a "Failure to Thrive" baby, with baby fluff sticking out all over her head and neck, and under developed feathers... shes my "Scruffy Buffy". Hope she develops soon like the above success story by Cabot.

Thought roo for sure, but ended up a nice , fully feathered hen ! Happy ending
1f604.png

Turned out to be a beautiful gal! Thank you Cabot. I plan on taking pics of mine as the weeks go by. We are having fun guessing what he will turn out like. He's got more spunk than feathers right now lol.

It's nice to know that others have similar situation as me. Seeing the possible outcome of a beautiful chicken is great. I would feel sorry for him, but he's got a lot of spirit! He looks a lot like the first picture of the Wyandotte chick's feathering. It will make for some goofy chicken pics in next few weeks lol. He's definitely the talking subject when people see the chicks. When he dust bathes, the sand fills in the gaps of baldness and it reminds me of that spray men use when their hair is thinning lol!

Back
Top Bottom