Runty is wobbly, sitting alot ....

Miz Mary

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pacific NW
This is a 10 week ( ish ) banty mixed breed .... it was in the flock with reg. sized chickens ( her mama sat on a clutch of banty eggs in a bush ! ) and I caught some hens stepping on her and pecking on her !!compared to the others it is squatty looking in body shape... smaller .... teteers when standing, but walk/runs .... sits alot ..... tail seems to be tucking under ( balance ? ) ....eating and drinking fine .... I have it separated, gave it the poly with no iron ..... any ides ? can I do more ?!

She might not be getting enough to eat and drink due to being bullied or low in pecking order. But it could be an illness such as coccidiosis. I would place her inside a wire dog crate with her own food and water, but keep her with her flock inside the coop or run. Try feeding some moist feed with a bit of scrambled egg or tuna. Consider treating her for possible coccidiosis with Corid in her water 2 tsp per gallon for 7 days. Consider worming her with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer. What do you feed her?

She might not be getting enough to eat and drink due to being bullied or low in pecking order. But it could be an illness such as coccidiosis. I would place her inside a wire dog crate with her own food and water, but keep her with her flock inside the coop or run. Try feeding some moist feed with a bit of scrambled egg or tuna. Consider treating her for possible coccidiosis with Corid in her water 2 tsp per gallon for 7 days. Consider worming her with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer. What do you feed her?
She is separated , in a cage , lots of room .... with other chickens around ....thank you for the extra info !!

Back
Top Bottom