Russian Orloffs

I purchased Orloff eggs from fowlafoot as well. Not a single egg hatched! Very disappointing to say the least. The eggs arrived well packed. To well packed maybe? The eggs were wrapped tightly in plactic bubble wrap? Do eggs need ambiant air to survive? The eggs went under a proven buff orpington that I had to pry off the clutch after 30 days. She was a real trooper. The eggs did not seem fertilized after examining them before I disgarded them. I have a breath-taking mohagony orloff cock that I wanted to breed with fowlafoots birds. Genetic diversity was my hope. I have birds from Ideal and Privett. The Ideal birds, seem to me, to be truest to the standard. The privett birds are smaller and have allot of white in them. This is my favorite breed I've ever owned. I love the birds. I contacted fowlafoot after having to finally disgard the bad eggs. No response or support from them at all?

I just ordered my first Russian Orloff chick and I can't figure out which one she is. The hatchery said she is one of the "chipmunk" looking ones. Could someone please post some baby chick pictures so I can compare my girls? I have pictures posted under "What Breed or Gender is This" - What Breeds? Please
smile.png
by JustDawn.

Thanks
DAWN

Quote:
Hi,
I also purchased some Russian Orloff eggs that were wrapped tightly in plastic bubble wrap. After 21 days I got some that hatched and some that weren't fertilized. I had also put my eggs underneath a proven clutch cross hen.I thought I just share my experience. For the ones that weren't fertilized the breeder is willing to replace them at no charge as long as I cover the shipping.
Good point on the differences of Privetts Orloffs and Ideals!

Back
Top Bottom