Russian Orloffs

I got 2 pullets from Ideal this last April. One of them never developed a tail. Unfortunately, my worthless neighbor shot and killed the Orloff with a tail, leaving me with only the tailless one. Here is a pic ofone of them, but I don't know which one.

4b215fafe4c593451c04c5f97861d597e9876ce.jpg

The breeder from Ideal is going to call me next week to discuss the "no-tail" issue in regards to my Orloffs as well as my2 Golden Brabantars (one with and one without a tail).

Hopefully, I'll be able to find some decent birds. I'm worried that I'll have to go with IDEAL and then cull heavily...I was on a few waiting lists and one of those people sold all of their Orloffs and are now just doing one breed...so that leaves me on just one list. I tried to hatch some from a fellow BYC'er last spring and none were viable. The ones I have now are from Sandhill and are not something I want to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought eggs from fowlafoot and here is one of the hens at 6 months old. She is a doll! I would buy from her again! They are a very sweet and gentle breed.

goslings762.jpg

Back
Top Bottom