Russian Orloffs

You just never know when you buy chicks from a place like TSC. Story about a TSC in s. AZ a friend told me recently. He was in the store and overheard an employee selling chicks to a lady who wanted layers for her back yard. The employee sold her some Cornish cross chicks. My friend told the guy, look I normally don't butt in to a sales at a store, but do you realize you just sold that lady chicks that will need to be butchered in 8 weeks?? And will not be laying eggs? And the employee replies, no, no, they are layers..... so yes, best to know what you are buying.

hahahahaha, i recognize some but not that one. it was new to me. mystery chicks i guess. the pic did look black and white. just the way the light was i guess.

Those could be speckled sussex chicks - their coloration is similar to Orloffs but they have a single comb and no beard/muffs.

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/speckled_sussex.html
oh my gosh !!!! yes, that must be them ! and i remembered the speckled part. the chicks look pretty close to the same and the description sounds the same AND they have the feathertips coming with the white tip !.. thank you so much.

I decided this was a russian orloff based on deduction. Hope I'm not wrong.

I was about to sat the same Marcy, the comb looks like it's a single comb. If so it's not an orloff. Color doesn't seem right either. Chick's what about a month or so old?

Re: Waterers - Autos

ASorry the program I used to crop the image must have reduced the resolution. Looking at the original picture there seems to be not much of a comb . So it is hard to tell if they are point T or rounded . I just put them in for the night so I will check in the morning with my eyes but here is original picture.

y6esy3u5.jpg

These winds were purchased March 14. The schedule the Feedstore printed does not necessarily coincide in what they get every week but it is close . Looking now again at the schedule the Russian Orloff's were the week before and I may not have even got them. I forgot to write them down because I was distracted by the cute farm girl employee and learning about mason bees from another employee.

Week 1 March 4 bought Norwegian Jaeron (delivered 2/27)
Week 2 March 7 gold brabanter https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/869861/gold-brabanter#post_13170284
Barnevelder's and black sex links
Week 3 March 14 from what the schedule says assorted standard cochin, ameracaunas.

Back
Top Bottom