Russian Orloffs

I am not ignoring so much as not available the last couple days, sorry. I will have to go out to get a decent pic of my black and the good news: the weather is finally allowing this to be painless.

I will see if I can find you a picture of red leakage :)

Thank you, you don't need to spend any time on it. I know what red leakage is, have had a few color projects in the past I had to work on it in, I just didn't see it in your photos and was thinking I might be missing something.

11 days until I get my Orloff chicks!! I can't wait............
wee.gif

I lost one of my Orloff Roo's a little while back, but my flock is very inquisitive and (once I snatch one up) they like to be held. I've found that the longer I've had Orloff's the more enamored with them I become, each bird has such personality, and they are so regal/fierce looking. Slow to grow, but I think they're worth the time.

Great pictures! Mine are a little younger and I need to get some pictures tomorrow.

Curious thing - I think one of my chicks is going to be rumpless. He was really round when I got him, and would occasionally get pasty butt when none of the others did. All the other chicks started stretching out and getting tail feathers - he(she) didn't. If you feed the rump area, the actual tail (pygostyle ?) is missing.

Anyone else ever have a rumpless Orloff?

Back
Top Bottom