Russian Orloffs

How are those babies doing today, Gander?

Thank you @FridayYet, I almost forgot to put this up
jumpy.gif

Now just in to the brooder box till they get big enough to get in the metal brooder as them chicks are a few weeks older ..
bun.gif

This year I hatched my first "homegrown" Orloff. Since I've culled my Roosters, these are the last babies until the cockerels grow up.

Hopefully I will have some nice ones to chose from for next year's breeders, and I still have the two hens that are their moms.

Not a big flock, but they are certainly fun!

Some more pictures of my birds. They range from about 10 months to 3 years old. Still adjusting to some sudden heat, hence the droopy wings on some of them.

Double spurs on this guy, it's bonus points in the bantam standard, I'll be curious how they view it in the new LF SOP.

Here is my Easter hatched white project chick, his parents are both pure Spangled Orloff with too much white.I'm hoping this boy will keep is white and even get whiter.

Thank you gander007. Here is a pic I took of him today and a few other of my younger chicks.

Your RO's look really healthy and nice stature .

The way you hang your feeder is a fantastic idea wish I had thought of it myself as it is a great way to keep all the junk out of the their feed so I hope you don't mind if I add that to my new coop I am building .

It has 1/4 inch wire on all six sides for their safety I hope it works as it is away from the house . I know it has a ways to go but the wire is all in place and the doors just need to be put up and the divider to make it two cages in one so each breeding pin will be 5' X 10' inside the coop .

The measuring lines on the board now that is impressive you put a lot of work in to the designing of your coop
thumbsup.gif

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom