Russian Orloffs

Pics
I want some orloffs so badly!
roll.png

Most of the Orloffs I see look like bearded Speckled Sussex. I see very few with the upright carraige an Orloff should have- see the Feathersie picture to see what I mean.

Quote:
I agree. I've culled a lot of birds due to their body carriage alone. Both my spangled and cuckoo roosters have a very upright and regal stance. It actually makes them look MUCH bigger than they actually are. But a lot of folks don't even know that the upright carriage is the standard...not the short squatty birds.

OK. I am completely confused now. I just contacted the hatchery I used (and they have been nothing but patient with me being such a newb) and they said that my Russian Orloffs are the ones that look like chipmunks and have the white wing feathers at the bottom though they were all guessed as Speckled Sussex by most!

Here's the one with the most white on her wing:

45467_img_0238.jpg

45467_img_0233.jpg

45467_img_0237.jpg

Thanks. Sorry for being such a newb. I've looked all over the web for answers and there's not many pictures of Russian Orloff babies and the ones I've seen... look all different... UGH.

Please let me know if you need better pictures or pictures of something different. The lighting is a bit off in these.

DAWN

I did. Got several different guesses
smile.png
. I was just hoping you guys could figure out if I actually did get any Russian Orloffs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom