s is the DIY section?

rebel13dlc

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 10, 2009
Indiana
I know this is the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section, but what about a section for DIYers people with ideas on making the stuff instead of buying it in the store, example I seen somewhere someone made a type of heat stand for water out of an old cookie tin and ligt bulb, don't remember where i seen it but maybe if we had a DIY section you could go right there for, I'm also planning on building a composter this week end like one I seen in Lehmans catalog out of two barrels.
Just an idea, what do yall think.
Dan

posts like that (DIY) tend to be split up all over the forum...

DIY waterer heaters are most likely found in "Feeding & Watering your flock"

I made a PVC pipe feeder for my Blue Orp coop to save floor space, made a waterer defroster from a bucket and a caged work light, built a hexagonal coop from entirely (except roll roofing and paint) recycled materials from one log home build, etc, etc. There was a thread long ago about inventions of BYCers.

I just looked at that sight its pretty cool. I finished my composter except for a stand and was pretty satisfied, filled it halfway up with chicken poo kitchen scraps and some old potting soil, next weekend i'll add some leaves.

Back
Top Bottom