s is the DIY section?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rebel13dlc, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rebel13dlc

rebel13dlc Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2009
    Indiana
    I know this is the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section, but what about a section for DIYers people with ideas on making the stuff instead of buying it in the store, example I seen somewhere someone made a type of heat stand for water out of an old cookie tin and ligt bulb, don't remember where i seen it but maybe if we had a DIY section you could go right there for, I'm also planning on building a composter this week end like one I seen in Lehmans catalog out of two barrels.
    Just an idea, what do yall think.
    Dan

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I made a PVC pipe feeder for my Blue Orp coop to save floor space, made a waterer defroster from a bucket and a caged work light, built a hexagonal coop from entirely (except roll roofing and paint) recycled materials from one log home build, etc, etc. There was a thread long ago about inventions of BYCers.

3. NorthernOntario

NorthernOntario Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2010
    Sudbury
    posts like that (DIY) tend to be split up all over the forum...

DIY waterer heaters are most likely found in "Feeding & Watering your flock"

4. 4CiTyCHicHENs

4CiTyCHicHENs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2010
    MO
  5. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I think a DIY section would be nice but you can just use search and find things pretty easily.

6. rebel13dlc

rebel13dlc Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2009
    Indiana
    I just looked at that sight its pretty cool. I finished my composter except for a stand and was pretty satisfied, filled it halfway up with chicken poo kitchen scraps and some old potting soil, next weekend i'll add some leaves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by