S n M Poultry Breeding pens(Even more Pics)

S n M Poultry

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Riverside,CA
I started building monster pens.
jeffrey002-2.jpg

Here is the frame for the turkey pen. Its 8' X 8'.

jeffrey004-3.jpg

this is the finished product. there is a total of 3 pens. 1 8' X 8'(turkey pen)and 2 4' X 8' one is the silver phoenix pen and the other is a ? pen i dont know what im gonna put in it yet. Probably my moderns. I still need to put shelter and roosting sticks in it.

jeffrey005-2.jpg

Here is the finished turkey pen.

jeffrey006-1.jpg

Here is the ? pen and the silver phoenix pen. We specialy designed it to were we can add on to the right side of it. we will be adding on to it within the next 2 weeks. And belive it or not but it only cost about $200. ANd sorry about the bad pics. i just an out there cuz i wanted to show you guys so bad
big_smile.png

EDITED TO SAY: If there any suggestions please let me know!

Last edited:
Are most of your coops this open? I'm kind of torn between having a really open coop like this, with a small open area for roosting/laying inside, or having a regular small coop off the ground with an attached tall run. I believe Riverside probably has more hot days than we do here in Pasadena, but you're also colder during the winter, aren't you?
We have so many possums, raccons
sad.png
and skunks here it's crazy! I notice that you use chicken wire in that wonderful run. I could never do that.
roll.png
I'll have to purchase lots of $$$ 1/2 hardwire cloth.

Thanks for the pics!
smile.png

Carla

I have to say...you SURE did put an awfull lot of work into those pens.....GREAT JOB! However.......I think you need a vacation....say to Indiana....dont forget your tools!
tongue.png

Great work!

Hey, I have a not entirely coop related question. In the first photo, you have some black stuff w/ holes in it along the top of your chainlink fencing. Can I ask, what is it (cut up plastic snow fencing maybe?), how is it attached to the chainlink, and how is it working out for you in terms of wind and sun damage? I'm asking because it looks like a potentially really good lightweight 'sight rail' for the top of wire horse fences, and I've never seen anything like that done before...

Thanks for any info,

Pat

When we moverd here it was on the fence. Its steel. It was used in vietnam because it can be linked togethere to make roads and air strips well thats what the U.S. Military used it for. Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom