Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
My purple pen is currently laying, and I will soon have set all the eggs I want to for the year. As such, I am listing batches of eggs to ship starting April 15th. We will I accept payment through PayPal (I can email an invoice to be paid by credit card, too, I believe).

The first two batches of eggs this year (shipped April 8th and 15th) are $10 per egg, and you may claim up to 6 (peafowl only lay every other day, so this should ensure you get the freshest eggs). After our NPIP certification is renewed (which we're in the process of updating our cert now, flock ID 34-645), eggs will be $15 per egg and come with NPIP paperwork (pullorum only, no AI, so you will need to check your state's shipping rules). Shipping is $16; you can add "fragile" handling for an extra $10 at your discretion (though I recommend it).

Before purchase please bear in mind that peafowl have a lifespan of 15-20 years, require a high-quality/high protein feed (28-30% protein, which is expensive!) and vitamins to support their beautiful (and rapid) feather growth and body condition, need at least 10x30' pens that are 8' tall, and they are extremely loud in the summer (often including overnight!). If you have questions about hatching or care, please ask BEFORE purchase!

The purple pen is composed as follows: One male purple pied split blackshoulder (Orion, proven split via breeding), one female purple pied (Nebula), one female purple pied blackshoulder (Eclipse), and two female purple pied blackshoulders (Ursa Major and Ursa Minor).

Baby color/patterns potentially include: White, purple pied, purple dark pied, purple blackshoulder pied, purple blackshoulder dark pied, purple blackshoulder split pied, purple pied split blackshoulder, purple dark pied split blackshoulder, and purple split blackshoulder and pied.

Again, if you have questions about any of this, please feel free to ask.

Here are some photos of the parents:
Orion last summer:
Oriontrain2.jpg

Orion this winter (purples "bleach" in the sun, so they get progressively more purple as the year goes on):
oriontrain.jpg

Orion's train now:
OrionTrain.jpg

Lookit all that purple, ooo, ahhhh:
OrionPURPLE.jpg
OrionBack.jpg

The hens:
Nebula:
Nebula.jpg

Eclipse and Ursa Major:
Peahens.jpg

Eclipse being a nerd:
Eclipse.jpg

The whole gang:
PurplePeaParty.jpg
PurplePeaParty1.jpg

**Please remember that hatching eggs sales are subject to the whims of very beautiful but ultimately very silly birds, who may decide to stop laying at random, causing shipping to be delayed or possibly canceled toward the end of their laying season. This year I know in advance that I may not be able to ship April 29th or May 6th, as I will be out of town. My birds, if they keep to their usual schedule, will likely be done laying by late June.

***Please note that I will ship your eggs the closest available Monday following purchase. I can only guarantee that the eggs are from the birds above, and that they will leave my care intact and fertile. I cannot guarantee handling during shipping or your incubation method success rates.

@YeahYeahYeah Picking up eggs is certainly an option although my ladies are slowing down currently (since they start so early in the year, they usually stop early too, usually sometime in June). I'm supposed to be mailing 6 tomorrow, currently hoping my girls get a move on and lay 2 more before then. If they keep going in the coming week, you're welcome to come pick up, or I will be selling chicks in a couple months when I have a better idea of which ones I'd like to hold back until Spring. If you want, you can PM me your phone # and I'll keep in touch.

@aprilsgrace08 it's unlikely there will be more eggs this year, my purples are usually finished by/during June. At most it might be 1 or 2 eggs from a week, and that's a big "if."

My purple pen is currently laying, and I will soon have set all the eggs I want to for the year. As such, I am listing batches of eggs to ship starting April 15th. We will I accept payment through PayPal (I can email an invoice to be paid by credit card, too, I believe).

The first two batches of eggs this year (shipped April 8th and 15th) are $10 per egg, and you may claim up to 6 (peafowl only lay every other day, so this should ensure you get the freshest eggs). After our NPIP certification is renewed (which we're in the process of updating our cert now, flock ID 34-645), eggs will be $15 per egg and come with NPIP paperwork (pullorum only, no AI, so you will need to check your state's shipping rules). Shipping is $16; you can add "fragile" handling for an extra $10 at your discretion (though I recommend it).

Before purchase please bear in mind that peafowl have a lifespan of 15-20 years, require a high-quality/high protein feed (28-30% protein, which is expensive!) and vitamins to support their beautiful (and rapid) feather growth and body condition, need at least 10x30' pens that are 8' tall, and they are extremely loud in the summer (often including overnight!). If you have questions about hatching or care, please ask BEFORE purchase!

The purple pen is composed as follows: One male purple pied split blackshoulder (Orion, proven split via breeding), one female purple pied (Nebula), one female purple pied blackshoulder (Eclipse), and two female purple pied blackshoulders (Ursa Major and Ursa Minor).

Baby color/patterns potentially include: White, purple pied, purple dark pied, purple blackshoulder pied, purple blackshoulder dark pied, purple blackshoulder split pied, purple pied split blackshoulder, purple dark pied split blackshoulder, and purple split blackshoulder and pied.

Again, if you have questions about any of this, please feel free to ask.

Here are some photos of the parents:
Orion last summer:
View attachment 1721025

Orion this winter (purples "bleach" in the sun, so they get progressively more purple as the year goes on):
View attachment 1721033

Orion's train now:
View attachment 1721022

Lookit all that purple, ooo, ahhhh:
View attachment 1721028 View attachment 1721030

The hens:
Nebula:
View attachment 1721035

Eclipse and Ursa Major:
View attachment 1721036

Eclipse being a nerd:
View attachment 1721038

The whole gang:
View attachment 1721039 View attachment 1721040

**Please remember that hatching eggs sales are subject to the whims of very beautiful but ultimately very silly birds, who may decide to stop laying at random, causing shipping to be delayed or possibly canceled toward the end of their laying season. This year I know in advance that I may not be able to ship April 29th or May 6th, as I will be out of town. My birds, if they keep to their usual schedule, will likely be done laying by late June.

***Please note that I will ship your eggs the closest available Monday following purchase. I can only guarantee that the eggs are from the birds above, and that they will leave my care intact and fertile. I cannot guarantee handling during shipping or your incubation method success rates.
Are you selling eggs for 2021

Back
Top Bottom