?'s re: xray machines and TSA scrutiny going to Hawaii w/eggs carryon

MaransMomma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Okay,
I have been reading and it seems that getting fertile eggs to Hawaii seems to be an issue. I am working towards moving there in about 6 months and had a thought.
1. I have not hatched eggs since I was in 4-H oh so many years ago....not telling:D
2. I know they have to have paperwork with them, can cover that.
3. I thought, if I am going anyway why not get a bunch of fertile eggs and take them as carry on with me?
4. The reason for my madness is that I would really love to have some more Black/Copper Marans and I am not seeing where anyone in Hawaii has them-Only Cuckoo Marans
Then I got to thinking if they have to go thru any of the "machines" is it going to hurt them? Will TSA try to confiscate them? Will they be okay long enough to get them in an incubator or under a hen? (Would prefer the hen part)
Would love some feedback-has anyone done this?

I would call the airline. They could tell you the exact protocol. Are u flying civilian or military? Call ahead and ask them. The problem with fertile eggs is the regular postal service there. When I lived there I can remember priority packages that got to the island in October but didn't get to my house till after Christmas. I was not amused. You can ship eggs but you are going to need overnight mail or fed ex. Call fed ex and ask them there protocol. It might be cheaper. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom