Sad about giving away our cockerel

Thank you to everyone who’s posted such kind words! ❤️ Feeling better about it overall, still not looking forward to handoff day. 😭 Better sooner than later though.

I see a wee little kiddo in tour avatar picture.

It's for the kiddos safety too.
A spur to an adults leg could be a spur to a kiddos eye too. 😳

As much as it stinks you can handle this. :hugs

I don't trust my rooster, he is sneaky........................
Urg. The last rooster I had to put down hit me from behind. When I turned to face him, he hit me again and got me with spurs and beak. His beak got me just below the knee like a hammer, so hard he almost took me down. Lucky I had my cane with me and I was able to defend myself until my DH got out there to save me. That rooster never saw another dawn. A rooster can do you a serious injury! Around here, we now have a zero tolerance policy with aggressive roos. But right now I have two lovely guys, they are awesome.

Urg. The last rooster I had to put down hit me from behind. When I turned to face him, he hit me again and got me with spurs and beak. His beak got me just below the knee like a hammer, so hard he almost took me down. Lucky I had my cane with me and I was able to defend myself until my DH got out there to save me. That rooster never saw another dawn. A rooster can do you a serious injury! Around here, we now have a zero tolerance policy with aggressive roos. But right now I have two lovely guys, they are awesome.
Thank God your husband was around!

My rooster caught me by surprise today and I threw a piece of wood at his head which staggered him. I walked up to him and picked up the wood and threw it at him again and he ran away. Now when ever I lift my hand, he run away. But like the ground hound day movie, he will forget tomorrow.

Dropped him off today. 😭 Hardest thing ever but thankfully the woman I left him with was amazing and sweet. Still so torn up but hoping for a long and happy life for him!

5A669BC4-2CB0-446C-B3F4-1EDBB2466E14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom