Sad Day - Chickens have been sold...

salon

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 29, 2008
Southern Maryland
Hi everyone - I'm dropping my 4 red hens and three baby chick off this afternoon. For the past three years, we have really enjoyed our fresh eggs and pet chickens, but due to a cranky new neighbor, we now have to sell them all.

After these are dropped off, I will only be left with 6, 6-week old pullets (someone has expressed an interest in them) and the young roosters which will eventually go into the freezer.

I can't tell you how difficult this has been for us. We have a lovely home and a lovely 3 acres, but will eventually be moving because of this. Even my hubby who never really liked the chickens is sad and willing to move.

Going forward I plan to live vicariously off all of your chicken posts, until we can move to a place more suitable for our interests.

I'm glad you are all here.

CRABBY neighbors!!! They should just enjoy the work of the LORD!!!! Chickens are here for a reason... I hope you find your dream home and have lots of babies!!!!

What a brainless #*$&%^#$&#~~!!!!!

I have 12 acres and the village tried to tell me I couldn't have t hem, but I found a loophole in their silly regulations!

Well, I hope the move comes soon and you find something even BETTER!!!!

So sorry for you
sad.png
. Sending bad juju your neighbors way.

I knew there was a reason I bought 30 acres....no one can mess with me about what I can and can not have on my land.

So sorry for you.....what ever happened to "live and let live"?

They can tell me to get rid of my chickens after they burn me out of here. I'll never listen to cranky neighbors about things like that. I bought a place zoned agriculture for a reason, even if it's only 1 1/4 acre. If my neighbors don't like it, let THEM move!

My neighbors better not complain. Seriously, we just moved here and we have put up with alot.

I'm sorry to hear you had to get rid of them.

Is it against the law to keep them where you live?

Back
Top Bottom