Sad Ernie News

So sorry! I lost 5 to a raccoon last month and it broke my heart. The weasel is far more scary to me than the raccoons. Sneaky little b**tards.

I'm so sorry to hear of Ernie's fate. I was anxious to hear how his surgery would go. Poor chicken. Poor you.
hugs.gif

Sorry Suzy!!!!
hugs.gif
Your niece and nephew were on the phone too when you were talking to Hubs and I this morning. They wanted to let you now how sad they were too. Hope you get that weasel. And we have extra guns if you need them. Just say the word.

So very sorry:( Weasels really scare me because they are one of those predators that can outwit even very good predator proofing.

I just came in from the barn and it is sooo depressing..... it feels sooo empty
hit.gif

The ducks and few chickens that were spared seem sad too... Momma duck is looking for her babies and Lucky is searching for his hens....
Luckily my Polish were in their outdoor coop which by the way i added extra welded wire to the outside and made it "dig under proof"
I don't know if I will get more Silkies, i love them dearly but apparently chickens who sleep on the ground are very easy pickens .
|We haven't got the weasel yet but i read they hunt early in the morning so guess who will be in the barn at 4 am tomorrow with the safety off
somad.gif

what sad news! so sorry for your loss...your birds were beautiful, and i am sure they had a wonderful life. i hope you get the weasel! i read they will come back again & again if they feel like there is more food available, so keep that safety off until he's done for!

again, so sorry for your loss.

Google - "trapping weasels" - they show you how to set traps for the buggers - some actually use rat traps in a small baited box with a 2 inch entrance hole - I would keep such a trap baited all the time in case there are more around -

Back
Top Bottom