sad in Grass Valley

Welcome to BYC - I am so sorry that it is under such sad circumstances. Were they lost to illness or predation? Only asking as we may be able to help you protect the remaining bird(s).

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm so sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif
What happened? Predators? Illness? Like Ol Grey Mare said, if they were sick you need to act quickly so the rest of your flock doesn't get it.

we think its a fox or raccoon. However in the morning light we have found Butter. Tomorrow we will go and purchase a couple more make improvements to the coop.
Gina

we think its a fox or raccoon. However in the morning light we have found Butter. Tomorrow we will go and purchase a couple more make improvements to the coop.
Gina
Yes, those critters could very well be the cause. I'm so sorry! But defiantly try and figure out who it was!

Here's a couple links to check out.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-predators-pests-how-to-protect-treat-your-flock
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/11-tips-for-predator-proofing-chickens.html

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry for the loss of your chicks, hope you are able to figure out what the predator was and how to deal with it.

Did the predator(s) breach the coop or run? Swap out any flimsy chicken wire, for 1/2" hardware cloth - no raccoon can grab & munch through that.

I'm sorry for the loss - the only good thing, if you can call it that, is it points out security gaps.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, I am so sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif
Definitely do some work on the coop to get it predator secure. If you can't rip it apart, neither can they. Make sure they can't dig, pry, claw, chew or do any damage so as to enter. And replace all chicken wire with hardware cloth. Chicken wire is very flimsy and can be chewed and ripped apart very easily by predators.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. I'm sorry for your losses. It's always sad to lose members of our flock; especially favorites. X2 on the links provided by Mountain Peeps. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom