Sad little cochin bird...i need advice

Can't help with the illness issue, but as far as her being picked on, I had one that was being pecked. She was bleeding and feathers were missing. I checked with an old time farmer I know and was told to put vicks vaporub on her feathers. I didn't rub it into her skin, just on her feathers. I put her back in and she was immediately pecked; however, the pecker stopped and was wiping her beak. Problem solved.

Yes, I meant to keep her inside the coop in a dog crate with food and water, so that she is physically separated but still a part of the flock. You can give NutriDrench 1 ml daily, but if you start Corid for possible coccidiosis, then do not give vitamins during Corid treatment until it is finished.

Y’all are amazing! She’s doing so much better!! Now we have a new problem. Pretty sure our Rhode Island Red is the issue. She TARGETS little May and chases her! I babysat her for almost an hour and sprayed anyone that pecked at May! My husband told me to put Maize the bully in the coop. Help! Bullies STINK!

Back
Top Bottom