Sad loss of Casper; warning graphic pic!

OMG! I am so sorry for your loss. We are fighting the same battle with a "neighborhood" dog that keeps getting out. He frequents the same farms because he knows he is able to kill things there. He gets out all of the time and the owner does not care. Even went as far to threaten people to shut their mouths or he would shut them up. Dog law and the police have been called. He has had multiple fines. The dog has personally gotten ducks, Guineas, and sadly a peacock from me. But from other neighbors...baby goats a baby lamb, chickens, rabbits, and even a couple week old puppy. It is so disgusting and just breaks me heart. I'm so sorry to hear about how your lost your precious guinea. It just breaks your heart
Thank you GeeseMama! It’s been more than a month and I still miss him. When I’m with his flock I wonder how he’s be fitting in and etc. I haven’t seen this dog again; I suspect it was an escapee. I also wasn’t able to figure out who the owner was. Your situation sound horrific; Such a livestock killing dog would most likely be shot By someone where I am; probably not me, though I was certainly feeling violent when I saw the dog carrying Casper. I guess not in your area? For awhile after our dog attack, I kept a dog leash by the poultry coops. My thought was that if I could leash it, I could put him in my garage and call animal control. It sounds like you and your neighbors know who the culprit is and that their is no disputing liability. I’m surprised that the owner isn’t being made to pay fines and for the market value of livestock it’s killing. I’m also surprised that one of your farming neighbors isn’t out with a gun planning to shoot on sight. So sorry about your situation - I really hope it resolves soon!:hugs

Back
Top Bottom