Sad news.....Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter died......

This is such a tragedy! I can't imagine the pain their family is going through right now. SCC is an amazing Christian singer who has done several adoption related songs that just tear at your heart. They have 3 bio teens and 3 little girls from China. They also have a foundation that gives grants to adopting families. The adoption community is grieving with this amazing family.

Here is a memorial site for Maria, including a video clip of her. http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/

Last edited:
I just heard about Maria's death on our local K-Love radio station. It was a horridly, tragic accident. Their teenage son just didn't see her when she was playing in their driveway.

I met Steven Curtis Chapman a couple years ago as I work with a non-profit here that helps families adopt children through foster care. They have the most wonderful, close family and are very strong Believers.

I can't only not imagine losing a child but how do you help your son ... it was an accident and could happen to any one of us. My prayers are with their whole family and especially this wonderful young man who is dealing with this terrible accident.

I know that God will sustain and carry them through this but that doesn't take it away.

All my love and prayers for their family....

This is so heart breaking. Can you imagine how aweful they must feel.
sad.png

My mom told me this morning and its just horrible. We've been hearing it on K-Love all day long, and I just cant imagine. The one thing that I keep reminding myself is that she may be gone, but they gave her an amazing life. If they hadnt adopted her, there is no telling what kind of life she would have now, or if she would have died long ago. My heart goes out to them, and they are definitely in my prayers.

hit.gif
We have been listening to it on K-Love too.
He wrote the song "Dancing with Cinderella", my dad can't listen to it because shortly I'll be married and out of the house.
roll.png

I was so sad when I heard. He adopted her from China when she was a baby.
hit.gif

That is so heartbreaking. He is one of our favorites and rights such beautiful songs. We'll cry everything w hear Cinderella
sad.png

Yeah, it's been on K-Love like crazy.

Like someone else said. Can you imagine what their son is feeling? I mean, how do you begin to even TRY to deal with that? Gods there with them, I know...but it's still got to be so horrible. I can't even begin to fathom how that family feels. We all just need to keep them in our prayers.

[edit:] Not to mention the fact they were celebrating the engagement of their oldest daughter, and the graduation of one of their sons. What a horrible time for it to happen (not saying ANYTIME would've been good, but you know.)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom